Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Beginner

Default Pregnant and travelling with a 2 1/2 year old

We are travelling on Star Princess in mid April with our daughter down to the Western Caribbean. My brother in law is getting married on the cruise so that is why we are going.
She is a great traveller. She has been out of the country several times and has been super in some very long flights (12 hours +) She sleeps well while away from home, is a good eater and has been out of diapers for a long time but I don't know what to expect from the cruise.
My husband and I have never been on a cruise.
We will have grandparents to help along but I want them to enjoy the trip too. This is their first cruise also.
Any tips on travelling with the toddler or any tips for myself?? (I will be 26 weeks pregnant)
Any of the ports that we should just skip and stay on the ship??
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2006, 07:20 PM
Admiral

I'm not familiar with Princess's child's program but from what I've read from others their programs are great and the children love them. This should relieve you of the burden of always having to sit with her and keep her entertained. They will have babysitting services as well if you and the other adults wish to take in the show at night or go dancing.

Dinner will be an hour and a half. If she get's grumpy sitting still that long be prepared to remove her if she starts misbehaving. You may be seated with several other guests who may not appreciate her misbehaving like a mother would.

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 22nd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Admiral

first thing you need to find out is what Princessess policy is regarding pregnancy, you can only cruise up to a certain time in your pregnancy.
Then go to the main page and bring up Luisa Frey Gaynors article on Bringing Baby Aboard- filled with tons of great information. Also post your question over on the families board.
I would choose Anytime Dining over Traditional Dining