Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
Captain

We have all had that experience; that's why most of us are on these boards and in the same boat (literally)

When our whole family took a cruise together in Aug 2006 only one of my kids had cruised before. My daughter told the others, "well one good thing about us all going together is, Mom won't be able to talk our heads off about the cruise when we get home." She had to eat those words because she had to cancel at the last minute! Good news is we are all going again in April!
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old December 16th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Beginner

Default This cracked me up because I can relate!

I really laughed when I read this post, and after reading others' responses, I think we are not alone! Cruisers-to-be are an excited bunch! This time (I'm currently planning my third) I decided to do the countdown on our whiteboard at work in weeks instead of days, so maybe I'm getting a WEE bit less annoying with each cruise. haha

I hope you enjoy- or enjoyed your trip!
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Gee, and to think i was alone!! Everything everyone has said is just what I am facing also. I have 15 months. Has anyone had any success sort of "turning it off" in order to not go nuts, or drive the folks around you batty?
Old March 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Passenger

Jayne- I have found something that helps....
I have entered the world of renovations. What first started as "Honey, will you build me a pantry" has turned into a four room makeover. It os keeping me busy and increasing value.

Also, I'm coaching for my lil one's soccer team. That will keep me busy til May.

You HAVE to find something to do in yoru free time or you will go insane! Looking forward to any sort of vacation/trip is half the fun... but I was living and breathing cruisemates.
I was actually planning outfits for something that was 6 months to a year away! I have calmed down a LOT!
Hope this helps.
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Passenger

Ha Ha - I like this thread. It reminds me of my Dad. He talks constantly about cruising, either the next trip he's going on or the one he just got off of. He's definitely a Cruise-a-holic Talks about cruises at family functions, at work, at dinner ANYWHERE.

Love him - very entertaining!!!

S.
Old April 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Captain

My second cruise my husbands first, and I think my husband is tired of me talking about it. I printed out all the cruise lingo names for him to memorize. Have printed the information on the ports. Spent a couple of months trying to get him to take an interest in which cruise we picked, but he just tells me its too long to look forward to. Ba humbug! I spend every day thinking about it. I know they say you shouldn't wish your life away, but I'm ready to go now!

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old April 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I love this topic, and it is no surprise to me that it keeps coming up.

I was a very experenced cruiser when I met & married my wife. She got to go on her first one with me. Now she is so avid about it that everyone knows she will talk their ears off about it.

She loves pictures, too. She is always like "show our guests the pictures from our cruise."

meanwhile, I know many people either get envious or bored. Envious of they like to travel but don't get to very often, or bored if they really don't care about traveling.
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Beginner

I'm planning on going on the Halloween cruise this year and my friends are getting tired of me talking about and I HAVENT EVEN BOOKED IT YET!! OL It's just going to get worse and worse for them.
Old September 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Passenger

I have so enjoyed reading this thread and finding I am not the only completely obsessed neurotic !

I bought one of those rolling metal clothes racks to hold the cruise -Vear
I am already collecting and my cruise is SEVEN MONTHS AWAY!! I couldn't enjoy it enough in the closet !

I had to reduce my CM puter time to 1/2 hr morning and 1 hr evening - I work at home and NOTHING was getting accomplished.

I have some friends, and we can include DH here, that I know are sick of it already - when I know I'm going to be seeing any of these I have a little mantra - I will not speak of the cruise, I will not speak of the cruise, I CANNOT speak of the cruise.

Lord, save us and keep us quiet and get us to the ship on time!