Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default People are tiring of my constant cruise talk.

I can just sense it, nobody comments anymore when I bring up my upcoming cruise, not even the experienced cruisers. I'm doing my best to keep my mouth shut but its difficult, in a month I will be embarking on the most luxurious expensive trip of my life.

Oh well, at least I'm among friends here at CruiseMates.

And where are those docs??!!! I'm about to wig out!
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It makes me happy just to see you so excited, where is it you are going?
Old April 13th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175
Default don't feel bad

the people i work with are SOOOOO tired of hearing about my cruise! (honestly, i think they're just jealous!) someone said to me "when are you going to figure out that nobody wants to hear it?" i said "don't worry, you only have 18 more days to hear about it, then you get a break for a week, and then you get 3 months of hearing about how it REALLY went and looking at the pictures!"

we're all good friends and i know they are joking but, like you, i just can't help it!!!!

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old April 13th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

are you a cruise virgin, too? (that is what we really call them).

YOu are going to be amazed. YOu will be telling your friends, "I never knew there was such service" - the service is better than almost any restaurant and definitely better than a hotel.

Be sure and take naps and order room service in the middle of the night. Sit back and watch a movie. Eat all you want, order two entrees if you reakky want to. Don't be shy, enjoy.
Old April 13th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

yup.... a 30 year old virgin. hee hee hee!

i have no reservations about letting people spoil me, don't worry!

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old April 13th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Admiral

I'm pretty sure people are sick of me talking about my cruise. I have my Destiny "mat" that we were given on the last night of the cruise at dinner posted in my cube along with my ship deck plan and postcards from every port. *sigh* sick huh? I just look at them when I want to get away mentally from the office.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 13th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Admiral

fear not, the cruise addicted aka CruiseMates will never tire of hearing about your upcoming cruise. The non-cruisers just do not understand us.
Old April 13th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Beginner

Hi everybody.
I'm from The Netherlands (Holland), so is my mom and we are first cruisers. I think my friend is pretty tired of me searching on the internet about cruises and ports of call too, but he is still not complaining. I think he will in time because we are not going until sept. 2th and by that time he has probably lost his patience.
Anyway my mom and I are very exited about this cruise, this will probably be the only cruise we go on together so we will enjoy it to the fullest. We are sailing to the west caribbean with the Carnial Triumph.

Greetings from Holland,
Old April 13th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Laura, it is my first time too. I've had this cruise booked since last October and I never thought it was going to get here. Cruisemates has been a Godsend, I don't know what I would have done without them.

By the way, I was in Holland a couple of years ago and you have a beautiful country.
Old April 13th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Paul-I'm going to Alaska (Glacier Bay); not all that far from home, but its the reason I chose it for my first cruise.
Old April 14th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Beginner

Seattleguy, you are going on a cruise with the Westerdam, this ship used to be dutch and at that time I was working on a shipsupplier company in Rotterdam and was making the customdocuments for providing this ship when it was in Rotterdam.
Also for other cruiseships we provided. This is years ago and I never thought that one day I would sail on one of them!!

I have been to America 3 times now and love it, this will be my 4th time and there will be at least one more visit.

By the way Alaska looked very beautiful on a documentary I last saw!
Old April 15th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: People are tiring of my constant cruise talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleguy37
I can just sense it, nobody comments anymore when I bring up my upcoming cruise, not even the experienced cruisers. I'm doing my best to keep my mouth shut but its difficult, in a month I will be embarking on the most luxurious expensive trip of my life.
Uh, oh...I'm having that problem already, and I've got about 4 months to go!
Old April 16th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi there seattleguy37,

This will be my first cruise, but my husbands 5th. We've been married almost 4 years now. I know he gets tired of me talking about the cruise and he's my husband....no telling what my co-workers think!!! I just keep talking, talking, talking, asking him all kinds of questions, since he has cruised before. Just 3 weeks from today our ship sails and I am so excited. I just wish he shared in my excitement
Old April 17th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

maxibluz-your going exactly one week before me, I am so happy for you, we're all going to have to meet up in here at the end of May and compare.
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Default excitement

And here I was thinking that it was JUST me!!!!!
I hear you..... the excitement bug has bitten me as well!

Can't wait to get on that cruise!

I know I'll be logging into this site often.
YEAH!

Tell us ALL about your cruise when you get back!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:13 PM
Captain

Laura,
My mother, two sisters, and two sisters-in-law all took a western caribbean cruise last summer. You and your mother will have a wonderful time. Cozumel and Playa del Carmen are absolutely beautiful and the people are wonderful. I'm not sure which ports you are going to, but all the ones we have been to have been terrific.
Have a great time and let us know how it goes!!!!!!

Libragirl from Texas
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Yep I was the same way on our first cruise last April, 2005. I badgered everyone in here on information & soaked it up like a sponge.

My boyfriend & my friends on the cruise we went on thought I was NUTS to memorize the layout of the ship. I had the last laugh - they were asking ME where they were on the ship & how to get there. My reply? "Well, didn't you do your homework & at least look at the layouts?".
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Seabeacon

Yes, I'm talking about it 24/7 myself. I'm glad there are boards to talk about stuff til my hearts content.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
Passenger

My girlfriend and I booked our first cruise in November and it is not until September. I drive her nuts by reading all of the posts on the website every night!!! I can't wait to see the roll call's for when other people are going on the same cruise as us. Carnival Triumph, September 16th out of New Orleans. We are very excited, and feel this will be the first cruise of many. I never get tired of reading everyone's tips, advise, and excursion details!
Thanks!
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:36 AM
Passenger

haa...whew ..i dont feel so bad now... im not the only one who is like this. we just decided ( DH and I ) about a week ago that we were going to go on the sensation 6-17-07...i thought that we were planning way in advance ( were first timers ) i see now that we are not , but you know what i dont think that i could have been able to live with myself if we had done this any earlier...i have been cruise crazy since we decided that YES we were gonna do it...i mean i have been doing everything from looking at what to do on shore to accually making a list of what to take ( yes this early ) lol...and im sure that people are soon gonna get sick of hearing..."guess what i found out on crusiemates last night"...and "i have to get blah blah for the cruise" and "i cant wait till June" yea im that bad...im worse than a kid...i get antsy and just thinking about it. I hope it will get better since this is the first i figure thats why im like this...cause my mom has already mentioned wanting me to plan a cruise for the two of us in Dec...yippie!!! and yea im already looking at sailing dates for dec too...does everyone else get this way or just first timers....so excited so excited....like the dog on Over the Headge....PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.. ..lol

oh oh oh and not only is it our first cruise but...we will be kidless.( moms keeping them 3 and 8 yrs old ) cause this will also be our 10th wedding anni!!!...gees now i feel old...lol

sorry to go on and on but i had to get it out..i do try to hold back when i talk to people about it cause i can see it in everyones eyes that they really dont wanna hear about it. guess they figure its bragging...

geee , thanks for letting me go flipo here for a bit **feeling better now**

Tiff
Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to KPfirsttimer

my mom and I are going on a cruise together (girls only) and I think shes tired of me talking about it lol a bunch of women from my family are going and everyone is excited but her I think lol. My grandma packed two weeks ago, she called my mom(her daughter) and said, "I'm all packed!" We leave this friday 1/26/07 Ive started packing, my mom will probably pack friday morning lol

Caribbean Islands Guide
Old January 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Admiral

People more or less just ignore me now when I talk of ships, since I've run that topic into the ground. The first time I sailed, it was a worthy topic, now after 6 going on 7 times, the issue has become cliche.
At least I have friends HERE

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old January 23rd, 2007, 01:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Its a good thing My husband loves me.:)

Because I am making him crazy with all my cruise talk..Everyday its something new...Yesterday it was the menus for the week that I found on line...Then it was photos of the cabin..Then pictures of the ports and excursions..Today I am looking for ship entertainment..Everytime I turn on the computer I read me tickercountdown to him...He told me last night he feels like hes already been on the cruise...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Passenger

Hi there,I am so glad i read this post,

I really thought it was me going cruisin' crazy thinking and talking all the time to anyone about my forecoming cruise, which yes will be my first!!

Its good that others are getting really excited about going on a cruise after hearing about the service, what entertainment is onboard the ship, looking at pictures and building a mental picture of what it will look like.and dont forget there are all the ports to visit as well. I can honestly say i have not felt this excited about a holiday since i was a little girl waiting to go on a plane for the first time and i'm 32 now!! I'm trying hard not to wish the year away as i dont leave for my cruise til November and i have started making lists on what to bring from all the tips and advise here.

Your keeping me sane

Cruise Newbie
Old February 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Admiral

At my job, most everybody enjoys the cruises and we never get tired of reliving our trips and comparing. Recently, a coworker told me that her and her husband were going on a 10 day with RCI. She said, you can't top that one. I gave her a sly smile and said quietly to her, "I am going on a 14 day one to the Med". She shrieked and said that I had her beat.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 19th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck

I just a couple of weeks ago booked my first cruise. I am going on the Exotic Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Valor that sails on Sept. 30, 2007. I am so excited! ! Doing the research for it was a main part of the reason I made it though the winter at work (I work in the call center for a major electric company here in WA). My co worker are fine with me, for now. A few have been really helpful with tip and such. I have a feeling they will be just as ready for me to leave as I will.
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Old May 14th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Beginner

Default woohoo!

my cruise buddy thinks i'm a wee bit obsessed...but it will pay off. i love researching all the details of my vacations, and then being able to enjoy a lot of the awesome things i've found!! well, i did stay up WAY too late last night trying to find info...so a little withdrawal is in order. but glad to be in good company!

portia
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:58 PM
First Mate

I'm glad that I am not the only one who can't stop thinking/talking/daydreaming about cruising! The DW and I are going on our first cruise on New Year's Eve on the Holiday out of Mobile, Alabama. I am glad that I found cruisemates! I have been bitten by the cruise bug by just reading all of the posts on this site. It's great to find a whole bunc of people that feel the same way you do. Glad to get to know all of you.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
Passenger

check this out.. planning 1st cruise in like.... 8 months!!! ( I know I do feel a little anal) I come here everyday and read after putting my girls to sleep. I am searching everywhere for things like excursions, clothes, shoes, lines and even (get this) the 2nd cruise. I think I am going insane. I know I'm gonna pack way too much and come back with hundreds and hundreds of pictures. I went to Nashville's CMA concert this summer and took 800 pictures- so visiting the beautiful caribbean is gonna be heaven. We are doing the 7 night Carnival out of Galveston. 9 hour drive from home. =) I CAN NOT wait. I'm gonna get fired if I stay on cruisemates all day at work...
Old September 25th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Beginner

Well, it's not my first cruise, but my 2nd. And i'm taking my dear mommy along with me this time. I have also run the topic into the ground to my family with my constant chatter about it. We sail 10/4/07 on Holiday out of Mobile. My bookmarks list has grown by three times from all the cruise/port info. I have researched it constantly since I booked. If I'm awake and not in dire need of going grocery shopping, I am online dreaming about cruising. I recently quit my job and am taking this vacation before digging into higher education to decide on a different career in life.......at age 42! Aaaand I must say, working on a cruise ship is definitely looking very attractive. It IS obsessive!!!