Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Passenger

Default West Palm Beach Airport

Due to high airline prices, we were thinking of flying into here rather than Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Our cruise is out of Miami. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get from West Palm Beach to Miami and who is reliable to use? I want to ensure that the significant money saved by flying here doesn't get nulled by the transportation cost to Miaimi. Thanks to all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
First Mate

Not sure about the transportation, but you should check out flights on Southwest into Fort Lauderdale. They change their specials every few weeks. I recently got a round trip for my son from RI to Orlando for $135. The price would be similar to FLL. If you can get a decent deal on flights, you won't need to pay extra for a shuttle/limo.

Sign up for their email list. They send updates frequently. If you see something you want, don't wait too long to book, or the special will be over.

Good luck!
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Passenger

Thanks...I watch Southwest daily. They haven't released dates past 12/10 and we need later December. That's plan "a". If we miss out on that, then I think we need to go to PBI. Thanks so much!
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Admiral

check out airport express, web site same as name, also check out the super shuttle, web site same as name. Then there are always taxis, you can find out the fares online also.
Old July 27th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to megzmartini Send a message via Yahoo to megzmartini
Default Re: West Palm Beach Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsvacation
Due to high airline prices, we were thinking of flying into here rather than Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Our cruise is out of Miami. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get from West Palm Beach to Miami and who is reliable to use? I want to ensure that the significant money saved by flying here doesn't get nulled by the transportation cost to Miaimi. Thanks to all in advance.
Flying into west palm, you are about 3 hrs from miami depending on traffic but im sure there are shuttles that can take u to miami. im not sure how much that would be.

Happy sailing
Old July 31st, 2006, 07:00 PM
Passenger

Thanks...I didn't realize it was that far. I tried mapquesting it and I thought it would be more like 1 1/2 hours. Something to think about...
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:29 PM
Passenger

West Palm Beach is at most an hour and a half from Port of Miami.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:57 AM
Passenger

So it sound like an hour and a half, but it could be more if some traffic nightmare occurs. Thanks all...it may just be the best way to go.
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Admiral

I live 5 minutes from PBI. My recent drive to the port was a breeze. The only traffic you would encounter non rush hour is if there is an accident. To better avoid this use the florida turnpike instead of I 95. Now to your original question. I think that the difference in cost of flying is better than what a taxi would be. I called about a limo and it was $180 one way but check the web sites people mentioned also, google "taxi svcs in WPB" and go to their web sites they have special pricing to ports. The ride from PBI to the port is about 1- 1 1/2 hrs. I was there in an hour. hope this helped. ask anything else if you need to.
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Passenger

Wow..thank you so much for all of the help. We are waiting for Southwest to release their dates past 12/10 before deciding on where to fly. I may take you up on your offer to ask more questions!!!!
Old August 15th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Admiral

PM me in case I forget to check this topic. i don't enter it much.
Old August 15th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Passenger

Thanks, I will!