Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Photographer407
Default First time cruiser.... :/

Ok, so I am a first time cruiser. 28, Male, Recently Single Rolling Eyes, and I am looking to take a cruise. I have heard of single cruises but know only little, from web sites. I have a few questions that I am hoping some of you experienced travelers can assist Smile

º I assume that singles cruises mix and mingle with normal cruise guests on the ship... So how exactly are the groups segregated - and do the singles stand out like a carnival gathering? Laughing

º Me being 28, I don't mind older folks but I don't want to be around nothing but 50/60 year old individuals on vacations. It seems most of the singles cruises things I have seen are situated for that age range. Are there any cruises that are mature in lay out meaning not a whole bunch of clubbing and partying only - yet for 25-40 age groups?

º Are there any reccomendations for 7/10 day cruises going out of South Florida? I really don't mind where the ship is going - as travelling as a whole is what I want to do and if I meet someone then wonderful. I know everything differs on the person - I'm more laid back and just don't seek out people, so just looking for something I can conform to.

Thanks in advance for any assistance Smile
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I think you'll find what you are looking for in an at least 7 day cruise with either Carnival or Royal Caribbean. Lots of ages on both, just has to be the right ship. Some of the newer ships have a lot to offer all age groups.

You may want to visit our "singles" board and get more specific cruise ships that would work well for you.

Best of luck and happy cruising!

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Photographer407

Thank you mam!
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

we did the carnival exotic western on the valor out of miami. we went the first week of may. it was great because the "kids" were still in school, and the h.s. and college kids were doing finals so they were much less likely to decide to skip school for a week to take a cruise. the result? TONS of people "our age" (i'm 30 and he's 36), and although the ship was pretty full there never seemed to be more than a 3 minute wait at the poolside bar, always room for 2 more people in the hot tubs, and enough activities planned to keep young and old occupied.

hope you find what you're looking for!
lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to cruised4thefirsttime

I just went On the Boston to Bermuda cruise for the first time in September....I am a single MOM and there r single people on just about any cruise..... You just have to Keep your eyes open and you will be surprised how many people talk to you........I even met a single GUY on my cruise .....There were all ages on the cruise.....I heard that a single cruise is a lot of pressure.......They want you do do a lot of there activities......... Good luck