Originally Posted by sharkfin
First time cruiser here(although we have a year to wait, but the planning is half the fun!) Carnival cruise lines is what we are booked on.
1. How is the disembarking orgainized when docking in a port? Does everyone just line up and walk off? What if you have an excursion booked?
It's a line you get in unless your vip status. Depending on when you get there, it can be quick or you could be in line for a bit.
2. If you choose to stay on board when in port - how quiet is the place, do you have the pool to yourself?
You practically have the ship to yourself from what I understand.
3. How sound proof are the staterooms? (Now before you all get wild ideas!) Can you hear neighbors converstaions? (We used to live in an old aprartment and could hear our neighbor snoring everynight for 2 years - so hopefully you can understand my query)
I never heard anything from the cabins next to me except when I was on the balcony. But I have to say, I was only in there to sleep and change clothes for the most part. HAHA
4. On Carnival cruise lines they say gratuities are added on your account ($10.00 per person per day), but you still are expected to tip for example the guy who brings you up ordered room service, and also bartenders etc.. over and above what is going on your account? Please advise as to acceptable tipping procedures. Don't want to seem cheap, but this could really add up!
People do tip for room service. I've read that $2-3 dollars is fine. Gratuity is added to all drink orders no matter where you buy them on the ship. 15% I never added more. yes it does add up depending on how much you drink.
5. About the room service provided. Is this all included? What can you order? I have always wanted breakfast on a little cart delivered to my room (what can I say, I have small dreams!)
That is all I can think to ask today! Please help! THANKS!!!!
The food is included. I wish I could tell you what's on the menu but I never ordered off of it. Sorry.