Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Passenger

Default Guaranteed Room Or Guaranteed Price?

I know this is old topic for some folks but I just don't understand. Let me see if I get this right.
My sister and I booked a Guarantee Oceanveiw room back in June. With my military discount it was under $400 a ticket. ($387 I think) Since it is not an assigned room I was told there would be a chance of upgrade. Ok! Fine.
About a month ago I noticed the price was consideraby lower. I asked my travel agent about this. She told me a credit could be issued but I would lose my "seat in line" for an upgrade. Alright then I"ll leave things as they are.
Well now I see the price has dropped lower and even if I picked the room of my choice on the deck of my choice (I have been told the Empress deck is the best upgrade) with a assigned room I would still be over $400 cheaper for both tickets.
What do I do?
Nothing?
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Admiral

If you can get a discounted price, take it. There are no guarantees about upgrades in either case. You best shot is to get the room category you are okay with at the best price possible. Or so it seems to me.

The old "bird in the hand" cliche comes to mind.