Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Beginner

Default Going on first cruise August 2007, Carnival Glory

Hi everyone! I'm so excited. My husband and I are taking our very first cruise on the Carnival Glory for our wedding anniversary this summer. We are in the process of picking out our excursions at our 3 ports of call..Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. So far I think we have narrowed it down to the Discover Atlantis excursion in Nassau but I was concerned about time because unfortunately our ship is only here for 5 1/2 hours. Can you do this excursion in that amount of time?? For those of you who have been on the Glory, what excursions did you take. I am very open for suggestions. I haven't begun to look at St. Thomas or St. Maarten excursions yet...so if anyone can help me out there..that would be wonderful. Our cruise isn't until August so I have some time to decide, but I know some excursions fill up early.

August 18-25th...Cruising away on the Glory! Can't wait!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to megs1787

The Glory is an amazing ship! I was on it a few years ago, and absolutely loved it. I am not really familiar with the tours the ship is giving, but I visited those ports last year with RCI explorer. If you want full access to Atlantis, then I would go with the tour, but my family, instead of paying for a tour, took a taxi to atlantis, and walked around the resort for free. After walking through most of the resort, we only then realized signs saying, 'guest only area' but no one said anything to us, and we were just looking, so, if your just want to walk aroung Atlantis, you can really do that for free.
Magens bay in st. thomas was enjoyable. I love white sandy beaches, and this was a nice one. My family enjoys snorkeling, and to the far side of Magens bay is a little rocky area that my family said had lots of fish.
In st. maarten, we took a tour of the island and that tour took us to orient bay beach, which was really nice too. Hope some of this helps!
Megan
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Inspiration 2005
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2006
Carnival Destiny 2007
Old February 16th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Linda - I would highly recommend in St. Thomas that you do the Champagne Catamaran sail away - this is a great excursion, you have to book it thru the cruise line.
Nassau - Atlantis - tour the aquarium known as "The Dig" do it on your own,just grab a cab (either water or land) at the pier head over to Atlantis.
St. Maarten - The Golden Eagle Catamaran sail is a great excursion, so is the America's Cup Regatta(both need to be booked thru the cruise line) If you just want to do the beach then head over to Orient Beach. Shopping is very good in St. Maarten.
Old February 16th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Going on first cruise August 2007, Carnival Glory

Recommend taking the Atlantis submarine on Saint Thomas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindajean
Hi everyone! I'm so excited. My husband and I are taking our very first cruise on the Carnival Glory for our wedding anniversary this summer. We are in the process of picking out our excursions at our 3 ports of call..Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. So far I think we have narrowed it down to the Discover Atlantis excursion in Nassau but I was concerned about time because unfortunately our ship is only here for 5 1/2 hours. Can you do this excursion in that amount of time?? For those of you who have been on the Glory, what excursions did you take. I am very open for suggestions. I haven't begun to look at St. Thomas or St. Maarten excursions yet...so if anyone can help me out there..that would be wonderful. Our cruise isn't until August so I have some time to decide, but I know some excursions fill up early.

August 18-25th...Cruising away on the Glory! Can't wait!!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas