CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   Marriage Certificate? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/332168-marriage-certificate.html)

Keldug April 23rd, 2007 02:51 AM

Marriage Certificate?

Ok,This is our first cruise with Carnival out of Tampa,I have my cert birth certificate and IDs etc,ordering DH's certificate tomorrow...do I REALLY need to bring our marriage certificate??
My SS card has my maiden and married name on it,would that help? Do they really check?

Donna April 23rd, 2007 06:00 AM

How about a passport, do you have one?

Keldug April 23rd, 2007 09:30 AM

No,I dont ( I know,I'm bad ) :-?

tami3333 April 23rd, 2007 09:53 AM

No you dont need your marriage certificate, just your driver lic. and birth cert. and make sure you print out you fun pass.

your gunna have so much fun, I'll be on the same ship too. this trip will be my 3rd time on her.

Keldug April 23rd, 2007 10:40 AM

Dang! I just ordered it online....ah well,I need it anyway once we do file for our passports right? This is frustrating but it will all be worth it :)

Divemaster April 26th, 2007 10:03 AM

MWP - Married Without Papers

Donna: Just a thought - could that marriage proof be required to meet a restrictive minimum age requirement (i.e. waived if married) set by the line? Never ran into that paper requirement, but I do run into the paper requirement for the ex to release the kiddo to travel aboad all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
How about a passport, do you have one?

paddletoe53 April 28th, 2007 11:12 AM

you are going to need a passport

msblackjack April 28th, 2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keldug
Dang! I just ordered it online....ah well,I need it anyway once we do file for our passports right? This is frustrating but it will all be worth it :)

Take it - they compare the name on your DL or picture ID to your birth certificate if your last name is different because of your marriage; then take it just to be safe! I take mine and they have asked for it.

Cassandra May 1st, 2007 10:18 AM

How did you book your trip? Was it under your married name or maiden?

If you have time before your trip, get a passport. I think the current travel restrictions are requesting one. I would call the cruise lines or any travel agent like right now & find out what you need. Gone are the days when a birth certificate was valid.

Also, there's been a few reports of people being denied boarding on a few cruise lines because they never changed their information over to their married names (passports & such).

I really, really, really suggest you get a passport. It'll save you a ton of headaches & if you plan on any future travels outside the U.S., you are going to need one anyway.

Divemaster May 1st, 2007 11:11 AM

Please get a passport. You really do not want me to relate what happened to the party of four who came to the Westerdam embarkation with one birth certificate that was not certified. On the bright side, not a one of them got seasick that week. :shock:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra
I really, really, really suggest you get a passport. It'll save you a ton of headaches & if you plan on any future travels outside the U.S., you are going to need one anyway.

Keldug May 2nd, 2007 07:26 AM

[/b] I got both of our certified birth certificates and our marriage license to be sure.No time to get passport,its so backed up.Anyway-I needed to order these to get passports for next year so... it's all good :wink: [/u]

Love2Shop June 10th, 2007 03:19 PM

Okay, I don't have a passport

Me, my BF and my 2 children are cruising on the 28th of this month

I am bringing my license and birth certificate - I am in the middle of a divorce, so for now my married name is still on my license. Will there be a problem since my last names are different on my birtch certificate and license??

lulu48 June 10th, 2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Shop
I am bringing my license and birth certificate - I am in the middle of a divorce, so for now my married name is still on my license. Will there be a problem since my last names are different on my birtch certificate and license??

as long as your DL has the same name as your cruise documents it should be OK if you are not going to fly to/from the port or to Europe

Love2Shop June 11th, 2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulu48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Shop

as long as your DL has the same name as your cruise documents it should be OK if you are not going to fly to/from the port or to Europe

Thanks!!!! No we are not flying - we are leaving out of our home state (new york)