Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2007, 02:51 AM
Passenger

Default Marriage Certificate?

Ok,This is our first cruise with Carnival out of Tampa,I have my cert birth certificate and IDs etc,ordering DH's certificate tomorrow...do I REALLY need to bring our marriage certificate??
My SS card has my maiden and married name on it,would that help? Do they really check?
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2007, 06:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

How about a passport, do you have one?

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:30 AM
Passenger

No,I dont ( I know,I'm bad )
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

No you dont need your marriage certificate, just your driver lic. and birth cert. and make sure you print out you fun pass.

your gunna have so much fun, I'll be on the same ship too. this trip will be my 3rd time on her.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Passenger

Dang! I just ordered it online....ah well,I need it anyway once we do file for our passports right? This is frustrating but it will all be worth it
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default MWP - Married Without Papers

Donna: Just a thought - could that marriage proof be required to meet a restrictive minimum age requirement (i.e. waived if married) set by the line? Never ran into that paper requirement, but I do run into the paper requirement for the ex to release the kiddo to travel aboad all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
How about a passport, do you have one?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old April 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Captain

you are going to need a passport
Old April 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldug
Dang! I just ordered it online....ah well,I need it anyway once we do file for our passports right? This is frustrating but it will all be worth it
Take it - they compare the name on your DL or picture ID to your birth certificate if your last name is different because of your marriage; then take it just to be safe! I take mine and they have asked for it.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

How did you book your trip? Was it under your married name or maiden?

If you have time before your trip, get a passport. I think the current travel restrictions are requesting one. I would call the cruise lines or any travel agent like right now & find out what you need. Gone are the days when a birth certificate was valid.

Also, there's been a few reports of people being denied boarding on a few cruise lines because they never changed their information over to their married names (passports & such).

I really, really, really suggest you get a passport. It'll save you a ton of headaches & if you plan on any future travels outside the U.S., you are going to need one anyway.

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Please get a passport. You really do not want me to relate what happened to the party of four who came to the Westerdam embarkation with one birth certificate that was not certified. On the bright side, not a one of them got seasick that week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra
I really, really, really suggest you get a passport. It'll save you a ton of headaches & if you plan on any future travels outside the U.S., you are going to need one anyway.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:26 AM
Passenger

[/b] I got both of our certified birth certificates and our marriage license to be sure.No time to get passport,its so backed up.Anyway-I needed to order these to get passports for next year so... it's all good [/u]
Old June 10th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Passenger

Okay, I don't have a passport

Me, my BF and my 2 children are cruising on the 28th of this month

I am bringing my license and birth certificate - I am in the middle of a divorce, so for now my married name is still on my license. Will there be a problem since my last names are different on my birtch certificate and license??
Old June 10th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Shop
I am bringing my license and birth certificate - I am in the middle of a divorce, so for now my married name is still on my license. Will there be a problem since my last names are different on my birtch certificate and license??
as long as your DL has the same name as your cruise documents it should be OK if you are not going to fly to/from the port or to Europe
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Shop
as long as your DL has the same name as your cruise documents it should be OK if you are not going to fly to/from the port or to Europe
Thanks!!!! No we are not flying - we are leaving out of our home state (new york)