Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Passenger

Default Really worried about hurricanes during my cruise (halloween)

Okay, so I'm officially obsessed, and can't stop reading about the cruise. In looking through posts on this message board from last year, I noticed a lot of people advising to "be careful" about booking anything from Aug - December because of hurricanes and bad weather.

I would be really disappointed if I had crappy weather for my whole cruisee. I am from Seattle, and I am used to the clouds and the rain, and I REALLY just want a week in the sun.

I would have booked for early summer, but it was kind of a decision based on cost for me to book the halloween cruise. Now, I'm really nervous about it and having second thoughts.

What do you think?

Jessica
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I wouldn't worry about the weather. I've cruised a few times in Sept. and its been wonderful, no storms. Even if there is any bad weather, the captain will steer the ship away from it. Once in a while you may end up doing a different itinary because of a storm.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Thanks, Donna!!! I'm feeling better about it.
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Admiral

I always sail around the first of Oct and have never had any rough water nor storms. Was on the Pride when Libby I believe the name was, went up the gulf and hit Panama City. We were in Cozumel and Belize and never even got a cloud from it.
If they can sail at all, they will sail around it.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Passenger

i've flown the week of sept 10 (supposed to be the worst for hurricanes) and it was FINE!

i cruised in october too and it was good. i wouldn't worry too much. they say the worst is mid september, and if you are going at halloween you should be good to go.
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Really worried about hurricanes during my cruise (hallow

Just be sure to have alternative plans. JFYR, a storm a few days earlier can cloud the water of a beach for snorkeling, or wind damage could close an attraction, but there are always options and a good itinerary means you will be in several places and the chance of them all being effected is slim. Where are y'all in Seattle - I'm ex-West Seattle and Kirkland myself. Halloween cruises BTW are pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessm
Okay, so I'm officially obsessed, and can't stop reading about the cruise. In looking through posts on this message board from last year, I noticed a lot of people advising to "be careful" about booking anything from Aug - December because of hurricanes and bad weather.

I would be really disappointed if I had crappy weather for my whole cruisee. I am from Seattle, and I am used to the clouds and the rain, and I REALLY just want a week in the sun.

I would have booked for early summer, but it was kind of a decision based on cost for me to book the halloween cruise. Now, I'm really nervous about it and having second thoughts.

What do you think?

Jessica
Amadeus:09Diamond;Celebrity:10Summit; HAL:87Rotterdam V,89Nieuw Amsterdam II,93Nordam III,94Ryndam III,96Westerdam III,99Veendam IV,01Maasdam V,02Amsterdam III,03Volendam III,03Zuiderdam II,04Westerdam IV,04Oosterdam I,05Zaandam III,06Statendam V,06Prinsendam II,07Nordam IV,08Eurodam I,08Rotterdam VI,09Veendam IV,09Volendam,10Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12Ryndam III,13Ryndam III, 14Volendam IV,14Eurodam;P&O:11Artemis;RC:07Splendour of the Seas,11Navigator of the Seas,12Majesty of the Seas;CDF:14Horizon
Old June 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM
Passenger

Hey Divemaster,

I live in the greenlake area in Seattle. Great area.

I'm feeling less anxious about the weather and just ready to be pampered and relax.
Old June 21st, 2007, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Cool. You should have a blast down there as the weather begins to change in Seattle. Of course late October is a few weeks early yet for the first winter storm, or so I recall. Was last up there a few weeks back between a Vancouver cruise and a trip to New England.

Alas, we divers don't do pampered - how can you get stressed when you live in flip flops? 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessm
Hey Divemaster,

I live in the greenlake area in Seattle. Great area.

I'm feeling about the weather and just ready to be pampered and relax.
Amadeus:09Diamond;Celebrity:10Summit; HAL:87Rotterdam V,89Nieuw Amsterdam II,93Nordam III,94Ryndam III,96Westerdam III,99Veendam IV,01Maasdam V,02Amsterdam III,03Volendam III,03Zuiderdam II,04Westerdam IV,04Oosterdam I,05Zaandam III,06Statendam V,06Prinsendam II,07Nordam IV,08Eurodam I,08Rotterdam VI,09Veendam IV,09Volendam,10Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12Ryndam III,13Ryndam III, 14Volendam IV,14Eurodam;P&O:11Artemis;RC:07Splendour of the Seas,11Navigator of the Seas,12Majesty of the Seas;CDF:14Horizon