Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Passenger

Default Cruise Sales for December 2007

Hi there,
I've just started researching my first cruise, and I'm planning on going to either the Eastern or Southern Caribbean for 7 nights in December. I know I'd like my sail dates to be around December 15-22, and I'm thinking Carnival or similar cruise line would be best for me as I'm 25 years old and would be going by myself.

Is there usually a time when cruise fares for December go on sale? I've been looking at Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, and have seen sales but have no idea as to whether things would go up or down from here on out. I'm new to this whole process and don't want to miss the boat!

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

December sailings , before the holidays, are often amongst the cheapest weeks of the year to cruise, so you've picked a good week.

Just surfing for great deals doesn't work anymore because of cruise line policies forbidding advertising lower rates.... and generally I find sites like Expedia, Travelocity, etc. do NOT offer the lowest prices available anyway.

I recommend contacting some cruise specialty travel agents (check out the agencies advertising on this site to start), and get some prices directly either via e-mail or telephone.

Prices are generally best either far out, or within 30 days of sailing.. but no "rule" always applies.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

As a solo cruiser, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is my favorite time to cruise. Lower fares and few children.

I live inland, so I can't wait until 30 days out to book due to flight availability and airfare considerations. I've generally booked 9-12 months out and still got decent fares.

Shelby