Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2007, 07:42 PM
Beginner

Default How much available credit?

I'm going on my first cruise with a girlfriend from school, our hubbies didn't want to go. They think it sounds boring. Now for our question. We know you have to have a credit card when you check in but my friend says hers does not have a very big available balance left on it. She thought it was around $1000.00 left. Is this going to be a big enough amount for her to use towards her sea Pass? I volunteered to let her put her stuff towards my cc but she doesn't really want to do that.
We leave Jan 9th and are going to be on the Navigator of the sea RC, sure hope it's a nice ship. Thanks for any replies.
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would hope between now and the cruise, the available credit limit will be more, but I would also think that with that amount, she should be fine. You just need to keep track of the daily purchases you put on the card, and its very easy to check your account on your cabin TV, its almost instant. You'd be suprised how quickly things do add up, just be careful and have a great time.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 23rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Sounds to me, you should be fine..Pictures, drinks and excursions can add up..as Donna mentioned, checking your daily balnce on the tv, should keep you in check. You can also pay with cash at the end if you wish..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
First Mate

Look at this as you would with cash. Is $1,000 in cash enough? Budget your spending, keep track of what you spend, and do not forget about the daily gratuities.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Beginner

I keep telling her if she is to worried that she should just do everything with my cc and pay me on the last day. She has had a lot of struggles in her life and had to use her cc for medical stuff, but is finally getting some light at the end of the tunnel. She really needs this cruise. Thanks for the replies.
Old February 5th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to CM Rob
Default credit

When my partner and I go we set up a daily budget, we account for how much to spend on liquor, pictures souvenirs and other stuff that comes up. Make sure if you didn’t
pre pay the tips that you count that as well or if you plan on going on the ships shore excursions that you budget that as well. I think $1000 for a week should be more than enough to have fun on

Sea of Cortez - American Safari
Old February 12th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Passenger

You can apply cash/travellers checks to your account anytime during the cruise so the $1000 credit limit is more than enough for one person. Also there is a bank maching onboard (and in Ports of Call). Whether that is enough to budget or not is more of a personal spending decision.
Old April 7th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Passenger

*sorry for hijacking this thread buttt* Now I'm worried.

I had planned on linking my pre paid Visa for my onboard account, but they only have a $500 limit. Can I link two cards? I am not at all concerned that I will go over my $500 limit, but now I'm concerned I'll get there and they will deny the use of that pre paid visa. (I have planned on using a series of 5 prepaid cards at the $500 limit) for all of my spending on a 16 day cruise (ports as well). Its just me, no kids or hubbies, wont be a drinker (a glass of wine with supper) Only two shore ex. planned (not the spendy ones), not a big souvenire (sp) buyer (ie. dont need Princess shirts or caps or shotglasses!)

So whats the verdict? Will they let me do that?