Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Beginner

Default FIRST CRUISE!!!

Just booked me and my Fiance's honeymoon/first cruise. WE ARE EXCITED!!!!! Voyager of the Seas Aptil 13th, 2008 to Jamica, Cayman and Cozumel.

Wooohooo!!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:02 AM
First Mate

Congratulations on the engagement and booking your first cruise! The voyager class ships are the best and I know you both will enjoy it.

Have a great time and again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Old November 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Congrats!! Just know now you will be hooked and you will have post cruise depression until you book your next one!
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Congrats on the wedding, first cruise, honeymoon, etc!

Wow, how exciting...be sure to snorkel with the sting rays in Grand Cayman, its awesome!

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:09 AM
Captain

Default We

Congrats on the cruise and the upcoming wedding. The first cruise is so memorable. Be sure to do your homework to be prepared for packing, excursions and prevention of sickness on-board. Just don't over-prepare and lose some of the "First Cruise Excitement and Surprise" related to cruising.

Most people I know love to cruise, but there are a few and just a few who did not like it. I think the first cruise experience plays a huge part in this, so just plan on having a good time and taking the bad with the good, make lemonade out lemons and have great time. You will probably be hooked like the rest of us when you get back.

We have been married 40 years and have done two cruises this year in honor of our 40th anniversary - had a great time on both. One of these was a trip to Italy with a 12 day Grand Med cruise and a few days in Rome. Hope you can do the same in 40 years.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Passenger

Congratulations!

Pack water shoes. One of the best things to do in Jamaica is climb Dunns River Falls. They rip you off the rental for the rubber soled shoes. Bring your own.
Old December 11th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Beginner

WIfe is killing me to go on a cruise with her. I have no interest in going. Not because I don't think I would have a good time...which I doubt I would, sitting in the Carribean, doing nothing. Might as well be at work.
But she wants to go with her friends and their spouses, about 3 or 4 couples. My question, how many people go on cruises with other "friends" or do they just go alone?
Old December 11th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyad
WIfe is killing me to go on a cruise with her. I have no interest in going. Not because I don't think I would have a good time...which I doubt I would, sitting in the Carribean, doing nothing. Might as well be at work.
But she wants to go with her friends and their spouses, about 3 or 4 couples. My question, how many people go on cruises with other "friends" or do they just go alone?
We have cruised with just the two of us, with one sister/brother in law and with two sisters/brothers in law, we've been with friends, we've cruised with a group of 100, with our kids and grandchildren and love it. Go ahead and go. Sometimes a first cruise is better with other people to hang out with and sometimes its just fun to go it alone.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've done both and while both are fun, its always nice to go with a group. You can do group activities or not, its always up to you. You may want to try going on a Cruisemates cruise, those are the BEST!

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 14th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Passenger

Quote:
It's more romantic if you go alone. Lots of quality couple time. It's more well a different kind of fun if you go with friends.

Going on a cruise is different than going to the islands. There's a lot more to do on the ship. Just pick one with lots of on board activities; you can also schedule all sorts of tours in port.
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish1c
Quote:
It's more romantic if you go alone. Lots of quality couple time. It's more well a different kind of fun if you go with friends.

Going on a cruise is different than going to the islands. There's a lot more to do on the ship. Just pick one with lots of on board activities; you can also schedule all sorts of tours in port.
As I posted before, we've cruised with several different situations and enjoy something about all of them. I do agree that it is very romantic to travel with just you and your honey where you don't know anyone else on the ship. But I am glad that we had a couple of cruises with friends and family under our belts before we did this. We learned the ropes and got a lot of the "must do" things out of the way, so we could just enjoy being with each other and not feeling like we had to do every activity on the ship like our first couple of cruises.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

It is nice sometimes to have a groups so that if you want to do something different than your wife, then there is someone to go with. And the ship is big enought that if you want some alone time, you can find it.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11