Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jbfree
Default Anyone know about cruise prices?

Hi everyone, I need help. I booked a my first cruise w/ a group of people, we needed at least 8 rooms to get a certain price. Now as it gets closer and closer to our cruising date of July 28th on the Imagination more people are dropping out causing us to lose 3 rooms already. My question is, does anyone know if we are going to end up paying hundreds extra for the ppl that have dropped out and because we're not filling up the 8 rooms we have? We're going through a travel agent. Any info would be greatly appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Anyone know about cruise prices?

Common problem with small groups. I'd talk to your agent as you seem to have an increased cost versus loss of deposit issue. FTR exactly what you are seeing is what stopped me from getting a europe group going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfree
Hi everyone, I need help. I booked a my first cruise w/ a group of people, we needed at least 8 rooms to get a certain price. Now as it gets closer and closer to our cruising date of July 28th on the Imagination more people are dropping out causing us to lose 3 rooms already. My question is, does anyone know if we are going to end up paying hundreds extra for the ppl that have dropped out and because we're not filling up the 8 rooms we have? We're going through a travel agent. Any info would be greatly appreciated...
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Passenger

Thanks for replying, yes there is a loss of deposit for the ppl that cancelled but now we are worried about our prices increasing because of it. I'm sure you know this having had to cancel a cruise before, the rate we were given was based on how many rooms we could book. We managed to get 8 rooms and so far we've lost 1 or 2. Very frustrating as it gets closer to when we leave and we get even more excited about going and fear having to re-do the entire trip just to keep our prices low
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Tried to see if you can replace the dropouts with friends or family? The price discount you would miss should not be that big - if booking 8 means a free room (or something like that), the break is in the area of 16% which should just amount to a couple hundred bucks at best. Use the $600 money coming to you from the upcoming government handout. The government wants you to spend to help the economy, so be patriotic and take that cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfree
Thanks for replying, yes there is a loss of deposit for the ppl that cancelled but now we are worried about our prices increasing because of it. I'm sure you know this having had to cancel a cruise before, the rate we were given was based on how many rooms we could book. We managed to get 8 rooms and so far we've lost 1 or 2. Very frustrating as it gets closer to when we leave and we get even more excited about going and fear having to re-do the entire trip just to keep our prices low
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Passenger

Good idea about using the $600 coming to us from the government. I was hoping to use that on other things and not every dime I have on this cruise but I will do what I have to do to make it on this trip. Thanks for your ideas, greatly appreciated
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Your price shouldnt change, but you're likely to lose any group amenities you'd been promised.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 27th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Passenger

Your price shouldnt change, but you're likely to lose any group amenities you'd been promised.

Your exactly right, I told my travel agent that I still wanted to go into a 2 person room in hopes of someone either signing on late or someone already going coming into my room w/ me and my price stayed the same. Thanks to all for their ideas and let's all hope that things work themselves out and I sail in July on the Imagination!!!