Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Passenger

Default Excursions...With Ship or on your own???

Hello my new husband and I will be taking our first cruise in November with AOS. We are planning on doing a couple excursions....We want to snorkel in St. Thomas (possibly Megans bay or St. Johns), Do a jeep excursion in Aruba, and not sure for curacao or St. Martin. Should we do these with the ship or can we save some green and do it on our own???

Anyone do the above excursions or have suggestions for curacao or st. Martin??? Thanks a lot!!!

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

There are many excursions you can do on your own in St. Thomas and St. Martin. Do some research and you will find excursions that will meet your needs.

St. John's is good for snorkeling but it can be a bit of a hassle for transportation back to the ship so I would advise a ship's excursion if you are not familiar with the ferries and transportation.

Just remember that when you go on your own you are "on your own" and if you miss the ship you are responsible for getting to the next port or back home and the cost associated with having the stuff on the ship shipped back to you. You will also need to have your passport with you if you miss the ship and have to fly back home.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If they still offer the America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten, I'd recommend that excursion. I think you and your husband would enjoy that. I believe you need to book through the cruiseline for that and it is popular, so sign up early for a time slot that fits your schedule.

Message Boards Moderator