Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Beginner

Default I'm new to cruzing and have a few questions

This is our first and I cant wait!!!!! My first question is we book a carnival and i went for the electronic doc will i still get something in the mail? My second question is we are sailing on the destiny out of san jaun has anyone ever stayed in cabin 7140? I know that is an inside but our buget didnt allow for a balcony which i really wanted. Next question is it okay for men to wear dockers an a sport coat on formal night? Next, are there alot of bugs in the carribean that we would need to bring bug spray? I have many more questions to ask but, I will start with these. Thanks for all of your help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Re: I'm new to cruzing and have a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcruzrr
This is our first and I cant wait!!!!! My first question is we book a carnival and i went for the electronic doc will i still get something in the mail? My second question is we are sailing on the destiny out of san jaun has anyone ever stayed in cabin 7140? I know that is an inside but our buget didnt allow for a balcony which i really wanted. Next question is it okay for men to wear dockers an a sport coat on formal night? Next, are there alot of bugs in the carribean that we would need to bring bug spray? I have many more questions to ask but, I will start with these. Thanks for all of your help!!!!
Welcome to CruiseMates.

If you go with eDocs you will not receive anything in the mail. You also won't lose your important doc's either since they will be online. It's a good system.

Carnival has just started the sport coat / dockers look on some ships and it seems to be acceptable now. He's probably just fine. I may go with that look in the future myself and leave the suit at home.

I guess bugs are relative as to what your used to seeing. I live in the country and you'd think I'd see a lot, but not really. I see some, but not as many as people in the city as we have critters that love to eat bugs. If your doing an excursion into the interior or jungle then perhaps bug spray is needed, but really, on average you won't need anything at all.

Deck 7 is a good location, that all I know about your cabin.

Good luck on your cruise and again welcome!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Beginner

Snoozeman,
Thanks for all of your help! I'm glad to hear that the dockers and sport coat will be fine. Also, we are doing the zipline in anitgua, so I guess we will need the bugspray. Thanks again
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Your welcome. Enjoy your cruise.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.