Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Beginner

Default First Time Cruise with an Infant

I am going to the Bahamas in November on the NCL Sky with my 11 month old infant - he will be that age at the time of cruising. I just found out about the pool situation and no swim diapers and now I found out there is NO babysitting at any hour for him. I thought there might be night time babysitting so my husband and I can go to dinner, but I guess not. Is this all true and if it is any ideas what to do with an 11 month old??????
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Admiral

The only way your going to get alone time is to take a sitter with you. You can just chalk this up to a family vacation where you get to spend a great cruise with all of you together.

I suggest you take a baby pool so you can sit by the pool and the baby can splash. There are several excursions you can all go on together.

Just remember to pack everything your baby needs. There are limited supplies on board and I don't remember seeing any baby food.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

My suggestion is to leave the baby home if you can with relatives. I am surprised they do not have babysitting, most of the bigger lines do, but it is expensive. Too bad your travel agent didn't check on that for you prior to booking. Also make sure you have a crib prebooked.
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Pattizoo

Sorry, but the best suggestion is to leave the baby home. If that is not a possibility, postpone cruising until he is old enough for the kid programs.
Babies on cruises is a very sore subject for me. Our very first, (and almost our last) cruise was absolutely ruined by the infant in the next cabin. It cried almost non-stop the entire 4 days. When IT stopped, it's toddler sibling took over. We are talking 23 out of 24 hours here. No sleep at night, no quiet time for a nap to make up for not sleeping all night. Obviously at least one parent, as well as everyone in earshot, were most certainly NOT having a good time. The cruise was totally booked, so there was nowhere else to move- believe me, I tried.

Please, please, please- leave the baby home!!!! If you want a family vacation, go to DisneyWorld- or at least take a Disney cruise- THEY have babysitters and everyone has kids. Leave the grown ups to cruise in peace. I cruise to get AWAY from the kids!