Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:42 PM
Beginner

Default So much to choose from!

So...obviously I am a first timer and I honestly have no idea what I am doing. I have not booked anything yet, but my plan is to surprise my mom with a cruise for her 50th birthday present.

The problem is, well I think this will be a problem- I will not have the funds together until beginning to mid October. Her birthday is mid November. So I am looking at booking something after that...

However, I have never once been south of the US. I am looking at a 5 night Bahamas cruise on Carnival, but I don't know what to expect if I book a December or January cruise. Any advice? I think I am mainly worried weather wise, but I also don't want to book something a month before departure.
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Best advice for you at this point would be to find the cruise you want to go on with your mom. You will only have to pay a deposit until you are 60 days or so from the cruise, which is normally $250 per person.. Once you've found one that you want, be sure to contact a good cruise travel agent to help you with the booking.

Message Boards Moderator