Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Beginner

Default Celebrity or RCC - first time cruise

Hi. We too are first time cruisers over 55 but adventurous. Trying to decide bwetween RC Mariner of the Seas to Mexico 7 days or Celebrity Millenium Celebrity 10 day S Caribbean. Actually have hold on Millenium. Have tried to do research & found a lot of negative reviews on Millenium re food, state of cabins, entertainment. If anyone has cruised Celebrity in last 2 months could you comment please. We have been saving for a while for this & want to make the right choice. If we do Mexico then we will also do a week in Maui - works out to same as 10 day trip.
Appreciate your comments.
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Passenger

Here are a few ship facts for you on the Milennium....

Celebrity Millennium:
Ship Facts
Occupancy: 2,034
Tonnage: 91,000
Length: 965 ft
Beam: 105 ft
Draught: 26 ft
Cruise Speed: 24 kts
Inaugural Date: Jun 17, 2000

Celebrity is actually owned by the same company as Royal Caribbean (as is Azamara cruises) and you cannot go wrong with either line. Celebrity is a little bit more upscale. That said, I was on the Mariner of the seas in Sept.2007. We were in a balcony room on deck 7 and I cannot say enough great things about this ship. The service was excellent, the ship was fantastic and the entertainment onboard was wonderful. I don't think you can go wrong with either ship.

Rates right now for the Mariner are really good and if you can get Maui out of the trip as well that would be my pick. You really can't go wrong with either though

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Can't beat the entertainment on Royal Caribbean, including the "quest" game, can't miss that.

If you like a more casual atmosphere, then Royal CAribbean would be more geared for you. I find them to have more activities, rock wall, skating, etc. Its really what you want in a cruise.

Message Boards Moderator