CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   Secret Door on Fantasy (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/368636-secret-door-fantasy.html)

crusingalong October 9th, 2009 10:23 PM

Secret Door on Fantasy

Will be leaving Oct. 31, from New Orleans. Does anyone know if there is a secret door on this ship? I have read where some of the ships have one that most people do not know about. Also does the Fantasy have a mini fridge in the ocean view rooms? Thanks for any info....

Paul Motter November 26th, 2009 01:42 PM

No to both questions. I am not even sure what you mean by a :secret door" - to where?

And no, the Fantasy class ships are too old to have fridges in most cabins.

DarrenW December 22nd, 2009 02:22 PM

It's a secret. We found it on Carnival Liberty, and we'll be looking on Valor.

Paul Motter December 22nd, 2009 02:38 PM

You guys is crazy. There are no "secret doors" - there may doors that are meant for the staff to use to get to certain places but they aren't secret.

Where would a secret door go - to the pizza kitchen?

carribbeantina271 December 22nd, 2009 05:29 PM

well hopefully since the OP cruise was in Oct maybe he found the "secret" door he was referring to. The only one I can think of is to go through the Main show lounge along side of the stage on both sides there is a door, then another door and it goes out to the front of the ship.. Not alot of folks know about these door so you sorta have some privacy when out there. The wind does blow strong when at sea..but you get great views from here..

Paul Motter December 28th, 2009 06:54 PM

A secret door? I have seen some ships keep firedoors to stairwells closed on some decks that if you open them you get faster access. It could be that.

Maybe I should not admit this - but if you have ever worked on a ship, like I have, you kind of intuitively know where and what things are. Such as the side doors in the theaters. Lot of theaters have a grand level with the main entrance a deck higher, so there is a 'secret entrance" that will get you right to the front row. But it isn't a secret, its just harder to find.

Paul Motter December 28th, 2009 06:58 PM

Secret Door - Unofficial Carnival Wiki

Here is the answer, pretty much what we thought - going to the theaters or to deck areas. They look like firedoors because thats what they are, but I don't think they are secret. It is more likely they got closed during a rehearsal and no one remembered toopen them again.

Snoozeman December 31st, 2009 10:28 PM

I showed the 'secret door' to all the Cruisemates on the Fantasy Bloggers cruise at the welcome show since we were seated lower front & there early. Some needed the air.;)

It is hard to find if you haven't seen it as it seems to be back stage in a way and through two doors as you say. On some Fantasy class ships there are actually two doors, but most only one.

Phil&Liz January 1st, 2010 08:00 AM

While it is fun to discover the ships areas, such as during a scavenger hunt, it is important to note the part at the wiki site that reads "This door may be marked Crew Only, if so please follow the rules and do not enter."

I suppose there is no penalty if a pax is found in these areas?

The new ships tour takes pax to the bridge, galley, and, surprisingly, crew areas. After 9/11 the tour was discontinued but it is returning.

Phil & Liz

Parrot Mom January 11th, 2010 03:43 AM

Secret door

FIRST....
"Never take an idiot travelling, you can always pick one up when you get there." Billy Connolly

Would you believe we did see Bill Connolly in London when he started doing the Jolson musical.. and it was the night they surprised him with "This is Your Life:

Secret door--now just coming off the Gem we had difficulty getting down to the front rows as there wasn't a railing... and for Parrot Pop and his mobility problem.. it was difficult.. but if I remember right there are exit doors next to the stage.. would that do it?

katlady January 14th, 2010 09:34 AM

Elation had a secret door like what you guys are talking about. It was not marked "crew only." If you went through that door you were at the front of the ship by yourself. It was a neat thing to find.:D

Kimbopolo January 14th, 2010 12:25 PM

I found the secret (stern) door on the Fantasy about the 3rd day. Saved me a lot of steps.

DryCreek November 2nd, 2010 09:04 PM

Tell me more about this "Secret Door"

Where does it lead to, and how does it help you out?

I thought the OP was asking about the unmarked door on Fantasy Class ships that leads to the forward viewing area - you know, the one all the way forward on the Verandah Deck.