CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   Passport vs. Passport card? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/378250-passport-vs-passport-card.html)

the witvoets November 21st, 2010 03:06 PM

Passport vs. Passport card?

I'm going on my first cruise and I was wondering if I need one, both or none. We are booked for November 27,2011 and will be sailing the Western Carribean with Carnival Glory. Our ports of call are Cozumel, Rotan, Belize and Grand Cayman.

Thanks in advance,
The Witvoet's

Mike M November 21st, 2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the witvoets (Post 1330164)
I'm going on my first cruise and I was wondering if I need one, both or none. We are booked for November 27,2011 and will be sailing the Western Caribbean with Carnival Glory. Our ports of call are Cozumel, Roatan, Belize and Grand Cayman.

Thanks in advance,
The Witvoet's

Get the passport. It will work in any travel situation. The passport card is only good for land crossings from Mexico or Canada. If, for some reason, you are stuck out of the country and need to fly home the passport card will not work. You will need to get a passport.

Get the passport. You won't regret it.

Take care,
Mike

the witvoets November 21st, 2010 05:25 PM

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it.

LisaK November 22nd, 2010 10:18 AM

i totally agree with Mike get your passport

Moiraine December 2nd, 2010 11:28 PM

Yep, get the passport. If something happens you will need one.

janice2348 October 1st, 2011 05:07 PM

I guess it's worth the extra cost. I am just peeved that the prices went up so much from last year. Oh well, a one time expense....

Logansdaddy July 29th, 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the witvoets (Post 1330164)
I'm going on my first cruise and I was wondering if I need one, both or none. We are booked for November 27,2011 and will be sailing the Western Carribean with Carnival Glory. Our ports of call are Cozumel, Rotan, Belize and Grand Cayman.

Thanks in advance,
The Witvoet's

I just booked the same itinerary on Carnival Liberty for Nov 17th...glad I found this post so I know what I need to get. Taking my daughter on our 1st cruise for her birthday! Thanksgiving on Grand Cayman? Hell yeah!!!

venicemayer September 25th, 2012 08:30 PM

Better to get a passport or bring your passport because it is more safe that way. I don't know much about passport card although they say that its kinda needed in certain areas or countries only.

celticmom2 October 30th, 2012 02:29 PM

Passport regulations

Hi! I am also a first time cruiser. We are booking the 9 day Labadee, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas cruise in February. My question is, my original birth certificate has my father's first name, middle INITIAL and last name. Is going to be ok when we send them off to be processed? I don't want any hangups when we start this process. Thanks!