Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:44 PM
First Mate

Default Passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotericisis View Post
- that my passport won't come in on time! I have to renew mines and DH has never had one- so we are applying this Sat. I think we may have to do expedited which sucks because I would rather use that money to spend on something for the cruise. We are doing a loop cruise (begins and ends in MIA), so technically we don't need it, but I don't want to be a nervous wreck when I first check-in to board or when we dock in Cozumel (the ports of call are Key West and Cozumel). I'd rather just have it so that I will be good from now on (well for 10 years anyway ). AND having it will allow us to book last minute trips that have great deals that aren't cruises (ie: DR has GREAT all inclusive deals during the off season)
We just renewd ours and did not expidite and it took 3 1/2 weeks. Not bad
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Familiar Face

My biggest concern is going on land, forgetting something, and then taking a long time to get back on the boat and get the item.
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Good idea to have a fanny pack or some type of bag that you take on shore and always have what you need in that. Almost from the start, you will get used to always having your sign/sail card with you. When going on shore, only take enough cash for the day and a credit card, leave all your valuables in the cabin safe, along with your passport, no need to take that on the islands. Some take a copy with them and or a pic. ID.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the tip Donna! I have one of those draw-string gym bags, so i'll takee that.
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to ladylion803

As a Cruise Virgin (read that somewhere on here and liked the title lol) my biggest fear is going to a foreign country and getting scammed or ripped off by some shady local. Not really so much worried about muggers or murderers. They can't afford that kind of bad press, you know. The bad guys need the tourist industry to be big so they can scam more money (just kidding).

My husband is terrified that our four year old daughter, who is often "ten feet tall and bulletproof" in her own mind, will fall off the ship. You would think from the way he puts it that she wouldn't just fall off but would do a triple flip swan dive! I have told him several times that I haven't ever heard of this happening, that there is the remote possibility they have silly things like safety precautions to prevent such things happening, and am pretty sure that the day care workers frown upon such things occurring under their watch. I assured him there was a pretty good chance the ship has had other children before ours on board, and that even if she did fall overboard it would be a great opportunity to improve her swimming skills. He might not have been laughing on the outside, but I'm sure inside he was hysterical...Actually no, no he didn't find it funny at all. I probably have driven him to buy one of those baby leashes with my joking