Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile First time advice and suggestions please!!!

I have booked a cruise on The Carnival Triumph, for Sept. 2011. I have NEVER been on a cruise. I will be traveling with my three children: girl 16, boy 8, and boy 5. If anyone has been on this ship please give me any info that will help!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Admiral

I've not been on that ship, but Carnival has a good program for kids. I think you and the kids both will enjoy yourselves.
Old February 18th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Familiar Face

don't let cruising with kids overwhelm you. your 16 yo will be just fine on his/her own. just make sure to set check in times with you, eating times and night time curfew! as for the the 8 and 5 yo (16 yo also if it'd make you feel better), take advantage of the on board kid camps and services. they will have a blast and you can relax and rest assure they are well taken care of. take the kids to lunch, bring them to the pool for some fun & sun and maybe take them back to camp so you can grab a nab or some spa treatment.

on the ports, make sure and let the kids have an opinion on what excursion to go on. it will make it more fun for everyone. if you decide to just tour and shop, be careful cause the shop owners know how to rangle the kids in to pressure to into buying things you don't want. just stand your ground and let the kids know the ground rules or spending allowing before hand!

that's all for know, happy planning!!!
Old February 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Admiral

Default Brochure?

I know it may sound an obvious thing but with so many people booking cruises without doing so...read as much as you can, the brochure /website/destinations. So many people get on ships & say "I didn't know about....."
Old February 18th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

As mentioned, the older kid,will be in heaven,and will be fine investigating and will soon find pals to hang with. The younger two, will have a ball in the childrens program...

Look at what shore excursions might interest you all, or just spend the day at a beach....take a family portrait, but remember they are pricey..use youw own camera to document every minute of you all making memories.

See if a soda card makes sense for you....some drinks are always free...

If you have any specific questions....ask away~

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator