CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   First-Time Cruisers (
-   -   Power adaptors (

Scotboys June 9th, 2011 08:12 PM

Power adaptors
Hi there , We are going on our first cruise in just over a weeks time on the celebrity solstice. Can anyone on here please offer us any advice on what type of travel plug adaptor we should take with us ? Ie, either American or continental Europe. Thanks in advance :)

Jennifer S June 24th, 2011 11:06 PM

I believe it's American. :)

Trip June 24th, 2011 11:36 PM

Usually there are both types on ships..We just came off the Carnival Magic, & had both.

Mike M June 25th, 2011 12:47 AM

There is one (1) European 220 and one (1) North American 110 plug in the cabin. You may want to bring a power strip, in whichever voltage you wish, so you can plug in more than one thing at a time.

Take care,

Danny Boy July 20th, 2011 12:11 PM

Voltage and Cycles.
Many Countries have different plugs types and Voltage requirements.
If you plug your computer in a socket with different Cycles, say good by to your hair dryer or computer.
Do your research online to determine each country and adaptors necessary to control the cycles/voltage.

Bruce Chafkin1 August 1st, 2011 10:41 AM

Nearly all cruise ships are built in Europe or Asia, where the standard voltage is 220 v / 50 cycles. Hardly surprising that the standard working voltage on most cruise ships is 220 v / 50 cycles.

For the electrically challenged people from North America, most cruise ships have installed step-down transformers in accommodations areas that deliver limited 120 v / 60 cycle power, which is the standard in most of North America.
Nearly all cruise ships have both European/Asian and North American power points in all passenger cabins.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1