Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Looking for a Travel Agent - Utah County, Utah

So I plan on being a first time cruiser in 2012 with my wife and very possibly a few other families (maybe 5 couples in all). Alaska is our destination.

The decision to look into this started earlier this week so we are still in the early stages of figuring on what the heck we want to do.

But I know that even if I spend a year researching (and I am anal attentive enough to do that) that I should seek out an expert.

I have hit the CLIA site and found a few and honestly, it seems they are all almost non-existant on the web. Most do not have a website, or one that a kid in high school web class could make 100X better.

So I was wondering, is there anyone in Utah County that knows of a Travel Agent they recommend?

Or, is there a site out there that my Google-Fu has failed to find where people can review Travel Agents? So I can find the right one.

Being a First Time Cruiser, I want to ensure this cruise is as good as I can make it and finding the right travel agent is something I know (from this site and others) is possibly the most important thing I can do to ensure that my cruise is something to treasure.
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

May I suggest that you speak with family and friends that may have a TA they have used and can suggest for you to sit down and chat with ? For the most part, a TA will not be able to offer lower rates than the cruiseline is showing, but they may be able to offer you """perks""" that the cruiseline will not be able to offer. Also, haing a TA as your advocate can be a -plus- for the clients and assist you with the planning of the cruise, air arrangements, pre/post cruise hotel plans and most importantly, selecting the right cruiseline/ship/itinerary that best fits your lifestyle and preferences.

Welcome to Cruise Mates..... a wealth of knowledge can be found here and if you cant find the answer, never be afraid to ask !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 26th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Familiar Face

Location: The State with 5 National Parks and the world's best skiing

Hi, neighbor!

I live in West Valley City. No, I'm not in a gang.

The biggest ones up here are Morris Murdock and Columbus Travel. My employer uses Morris Murdock to set up incentive cruises for the sales force. But I am a lowly peon so I don't get to go.

Every year, Morris Murdock has a travel show at the South Town expo center in Sandy. I think Columbus Travel has one up in Davis County.

Reps from many different cruise lines are there and you can talk to them in person or to Morris Murdock travel agents.
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Although we are not in your area we would be more than welcome to help you find the perfect cruise. Once you cruise you can't stop. They are a lot of fun and for what's included quite reasonable. Don't hesitate to contact us with your questions and concerns.

Last edited by Kuki; October 20th, 2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: remove commercial link
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the responses on this.

I was able to find someone and have just booked a cruise today for the Holland America Westerdam going to Alaska on 9/8/12.