Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default 1st Time Cruise for 25th Anniversary

My husband and I will celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary on October 22, 2012. I am looking to take him on a cruise to celebrate. This will be our first cruise ever and I am sort of anxious. I have so many questions. I want something romantic but I do not want to be at sea for more than 3-4 days tops. I am worried about motion sickness. Any thoughts on the best 3-4 day cruise out of Orlando, FL for first timers?
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

25thatsea..welcome ot Cruisemates,and congrats on your upcoming anniversary. Might I suggest you look into the Carnival Dream, that leaves from PC? I know its not the shorter crusie you are thinking about, but it does have 4 ports of call. so you will be on land 4 days out of the 7.

Uusally on shorter cuises, the demographics skew younger,with a more party crowd, not exactly a romantic atmosphere, in mho.

There are so many ways to prevent motion sickness,and most people are not bothered at all..With new large ships,and stabalizers, all this helps even the queasy, enjoy the sea.

We are here to help, so ask away....no question is silly,and 1st timers will benefit from all our collective knowledge.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 8th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You may want to look into doing a 7 night cruise, especially if you have to fly into a port, just more cost effective and you can add some ports. Usually the 3-4 day cruises just hit Nassau and then back again. Yea, it gives you a taste, but those are normally party ships and older ships, you don't get the full feeling of being on a cruise.

Let us know what ship/itinary you decide on.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Admiral

I totally agree with Trip and Donna, a short 3-4 day cruise is basically only a 2 day cruise, and they do tend attract the younger, partier crowds, its not relaxing imo, you just start to wind down and relax and bam its time to pack up and go home. As for the whole seasickness issue, if you don't get motion sickness when you fly or ride chances are you will not get any kind of motion sickness on a cruise ship, they have wonderful stabalizers, and there are lots of preventative measures you can take- ginger works wonders for the queezies, ginger candy, cookies and real gingerale, the next step up would be OTC Dramimine/Boninine