Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Captain

Default Hang around the neck or wrist wallets great for cruising

I strongly suggest an multi pocket wallet that hangs around the neck. I use a wallet which has several pockets. The inside pocket zips up to lock in cash and credit cards. Outside pocket on wallet carries passport and customs declaration papers and other documents like your ticket. This is the main reason I like this kind of wallet. The ticket and passport are in plain sight and I can hand the papers to the the officer when I check in and go through security, I can have them available for check in at time of departure. And the most important time is when I go through customs, that customs declaration sheet and passport can be given to the officer even though my hands may be filled with luggage. I found that this wallet was handy traveling on airplanes because I could put cash and other important documents in it and keep in contact with it all the time - again keeping my hands free.

I have heard that the bad guys are cutting the strap on women's purses so this could be a drawback of the wallet around the neck but I prefer it to the fanny pack which is obtrusive. As an alternative, I carry a regular wallet in my front pants pocket. Or rather than the regular wallet, I will use a wrist wallet. With this wallet I keep cash, credit card and boarding pass and license with me even when I go swimming or snorkeling. Its much more secure than swimming trunk pockets.

As an aside, I have found that the seapass is not enough to get back on the ship. Listen to the ship's announcement to bring id with you. The local police, in some cases, will want a drivers license. It happened to me in Puerto Rico and St. Marten and I was delayed getting back on ship.
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Admiral

I keep my money (bills) in a paper clip .I only keep family pictures in my wallet. I keep necessary cards in a small billfold.