Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Tanning before Caribbean Cruise

We're going on our first cruise (2 weeks in the Caribbean) in December, I know it may be too early to start planning, but I can't help it, I'm excited!

I'm confident, and certainly hoping that by the end of the two weeks I will have tanned, but I'm not sure what to do before the cruise. I know my summer tan will have faded by then, and ideally I don't want to be pale, I'm more confident in the clothes I'll be wearing when I have a tan.

I've used tanning beds before, I've also used daily moisturizer (w/natural glow). I'd like to avoid the tanning beds - I don't enjoy them, I find them time consuming to get results, etc... I'm fine using a moisturizer with tint or natural glow, but even using as directed, I rarely see results.

I'm considering doing a spray tan - there are a few businesses who do them around here (and an actual person does it, not a booth). Does anyone have any feedback about a spray tan before a cruise? Honestly, I don't want to ask the business because there's a chance they'll tell me what I want to hear/what gets them a client.

What I'd like to do, is if I get good feedback about spray tans before cruising, get one before summer tanning to try it out. But I don't want to waste my money if there is a lot of negative feedback.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Marley,
Do you plan on spending some time in the sun while on your cruise? I find that by using a tanning bed just a few times before the cruise, will get a base tan. It does help that you don't get that burn. You will not believe how strong that Caribbean sun can be, use a high SPF once down there too..

Not at all sure about the spray tans..

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I learned the hard way a couple of years ago just how different the Caribbean sun is from what we have here. When I'm home, I rarely ever have to wear sun screen, and I don't burn, I just tan. I went down south and put on some sun screen, but it wasn't terribly strong - in just a few short hours, I was burned badly. I spent the rest of the vacation covered up and in the shade.

I definitely plan on spending time in the sun on the cruise, and wearing a stronger sun screen.

As much as I don't like tanning beds, I do like the fact that they decrease the chance of burning.

Thanks!