Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Cruise virgin

Hi everyone, I am going on my first cruise ever next month I am excited and apprehensive as I haveno idea what to expect. I will be cruising with my elderly mother on Voyager of the Seas sailing Dubai to Singapore.
I guess my question to you all is what do I expect on board? Any tips?
Do i need to purchase a water package or is water ok on board?
We have a grand suite cabin on the 10th deck, which at first i was excited about but now am concerned because i have been told it will be very noisy and we wont get much sleep!
We also cannot access the online reservations for dining and other things, so cannot pre book. we can sign in however those options are not available.....plus we are still waiting for our documents from our travel agent!! aaaaarg starting to feel nervous lol
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Admiral

We sailed Voyageur on our honeymoon! Hope you love your cruise and that you get bitten by the cruise bug! [just in case that does not translate well -hope you get as addicted to cruising as we all are!].

Make sure to come back and tell us about your experience.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthCruiser View Post
Hi everyone, I am going on my first cruise ever next month I am excited and apprehensive as I haveno idea what to expect. I will be cruising with my elderly mother on Voyager of the Seas sailing Dubai to Singapore.
I guess my question to you all is what do I expect on board? Any tips?
Do i need to purchase a water package or is water ok on board?
We have a grand suite cabin on the 10th deck, which at first i was excited about but now am concerned because i have been told it will be very noisy and we wont get much sleep!
We also cannot access the online reservations for dining and other things, so cannot pre book. we can sign in however those options are not available.....plus we are still waiting for our documents from our travel agent!! aaaaarg starting to feel nervous lol
Congratulations on your first cruise. You are starting off on the high end and it will be great but be warned, when you start with a suite everything else will seem "less". My first cruise was in a full suite and I was spoiled and nothing but a balcony or better would do from there on out. That was almost 40 cruises ago.

I doubt you will have any real problem with noise. The GS is a nice suite and the evening cocktail reception in the Concierge Lounge is a nice benefit. It's a great way to have pre-dinner cocktails and canapés. You will also be able to order the full main dining room menu for delivery to your suite.

In regard to your documents. I see you are in Perth and perhaps Australian agents and bookings are handled differently. Here in the U.S. the documents are online and you print them and your luggage tags yourself. If your agent is responsible for your documents don't be afraid to "bug" them and keep asking. I do remember, before online documents, mine would arrive anywhere from six weeks to five days before we sailed.

Enjoy the Grand Suite and the itinerary. I will be sailing from Singapore in December and I am looking forward to it. I love Southeast Asia.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me