CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   this will be my first cruise, but I have a question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/389644-will-my-first-cruise-but-i-have-question.html)

banana May 29th, 2012 08:33 AM

this will be my first cruise, but I have a question

Hello dear CruiseMates people,
I have a question, If you can answer, I will be happy. Sorry for my terrible English, I am very new to cruise travel and don't know how the system works.

Suppose the route of the cruise line is like this: (letters are ports; A is starting port and H is the last port)

A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H

Instead of port A, if I get on the ship from the port C (which is my city), will my cruise end in port H and then I will have to return my city by myself? Or, will the ship will bring me back to my own port? (C)?

I am hoping you understood my question.

Thanks.

Grazzt May 29th, 2012 09:47 AM

The cruise will end at port H using your example. So yes you will need to get yourself from port H back to port C your home city.

Mike M May 29th, 2012 11:00 AM

For the major cruise lines the itineraries are set. There are legal reasons you may not be able to even board in your city, even though it is a stop on the itinerary. (Passenger Services Act)

The cruise will end in Port H. If and I mean "if" you could board in your port (C) you would need to buy passage on the next cruise in order to get back to your city. That is if the next voyage included your city in the itinerary.

Cruises are different than bus routes.

Take care,
Mike

banana May 29th, 2012 11:23 AM

Thank you very much for your valuable answers. So now I know that I need to deal with flights too to go back to my home.

Paul Motter May 29th, 2012 01:41 PM

Why don't you tell us what city you hope to sail out of and maybe we have ideas on an alternative?

Trackypup May 29th, 2012 01:57 PM

Cities would definitely help us help you out.

banana May 29th, 2012 02:23 PM

Hello again,

The city I want to start my travel from is izmir. I noticed that generally ships that go through the "eastern mediterranean" route reaches izmir port and then continue to istanbul and then go back. but, these ships start their travel from another port, for example venice-italy.

So, would it be possible for me to get to the ship from izmir port, and then start my travel from there? if we already know that the ship will do its "second" travel too, it will reach izmir port again in its second travel, so, i am assuming that the ship will bring me back to my home. Is this correct?
Thank you very much

For example, in here: (the second one; 14 nights adriatic..)
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) - Search Results

Trackypup May 29th, 2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banana (Post 1430359)
Hello again,

The city I want to start my travel from is izmir. I noticed that generally ships that go through the "eastern mediterranean" route reaches izmir port and then continue to istanbul and then go back. but, these ships start their travel from another port, for example venice-italy.

So, would it be possible for me to get to the ship from izmir port, and then start my travel from there? if we already know that the ship will do its "second" travel too, it will reach izmir port again in its second travel, so, i am assuming that the ship will bring me back to my home. Is this correct?
Thank you very much

For example, in here: (the second one; 14 nights adriatic..)
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) - Search Results

Hi - no, that would entail two cruises. You would have to disembark where the first cruise ends. You could probably board in Izmir, you just need to make arrangements with the cruiseline ahead of time.

banana May 30th, 2012 08:11 AM

Thank you very much