Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Captain

Default Flying in the day before a cruise from the North in winter

A first time cruiser may want to save money and try to fly in the same day the cruise leaves. To those cruisemates who want to do it I say you are extremely brave flying in the day of the cruise. I particularly address this to the cruisemates who are flying in from the North and during the winter season.

During the winter you can have all types of weather delays. I have had the situation where the weather grounded the airplanes, and all car, train and bus traffic were shut down.

Fortunately, if you look forward enough on the weather forecast you can take these kind of complications into consideration. It may require leaving more than one day before the ship leaves if really bad weather conditions are predicted,

I say fair weather or foul it is better to stay in hotel room the day beofre the cruise than lose the investment you have made in the ship ticket.
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Admiral

I have a friend who's on his first med. cruise. His sister is a travel agent and is going with him. I didn't get too involved in his plans. Found out he's sailing the same day their flight arrives in Barcelona. He made the ship, his luggage didn't. Crazy to even attempt it.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Captain

Yes, it is crazy to risk your cruise money for the sake of a hotel room.
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Admiral

In December of 2010 I was cruising from Ft.Lauderdale .I decided to arrive a day early coming from NY . My flight was supposed to leave at noon but due to bad weather it did not leave till 9PM .I did not arrive at the hotel until nearly 1AM .In the future should I be doing this again I will leave 2 days ahead of time .
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Admiral

We have never flown to as cruise but if we needed to I would definitely fly the day before. The farthest we have driven was 8 hours to Charleston and for that we drove up the day before. Did not want to be exhausted when boarding.

My grandson works on the NCL Pride of America and NCL flies him to Hawaii (from Tampa) the day his contract starts, they do that with all the crew. In order to make his first flight he has to get to the aiport by 4am so when he does finally get to Hawaii he is exhausted and so are most all of his freinds.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014