Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Best Cruise Cabin Location

Best Cruise Cabin Location
by Pete Peterson

What difference does the location of your stateroom make - on a moving ship more than you realize

Pete Peterson is our newest
CruiseMates Moderator

New cruisers are always concerned about where on a ship they should get a cabin. Obviously, there's alot of options that go into answering that question. Most of the time they are concerned with three major factors; price, type of cabin, and motion sickness.
Budget and types of cabins are big factors, but rather easy choices to be made. Usually, the biggest concern is if they are going to get seasick. So I thought perhaps this might help you decide the best location on a ship to get your cabin.

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I did realize lower is the best, and, have been there a few times. My preference is to always select mid ship, a few cabins down from the elevators.... the deck is not the priority. Intersting article.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 28th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I agree with you Trip, more midship is always a nice plus. I just like to be closer to the places onboard that I use more often, like the buffet, pool, shops, etc. Being more center gives you ease in getting aroud. The only thing I really check is to make sure what is directly above and below the cabin selection, that could make or break any cruise.

Then there is the noisy neighbors that I had once, not much you can do about that, there is no way of knowing before hand.

Message Boards Moderator