CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   Cost of drinks (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/395770-cost-drinks.html)

kish April 24th, 2013 10:58 AM

Cost of drinks

I asked this same question on the HAL thread, but no one answered. Can anyone tell me the cost of drinks on an HAL cruise ... i.e. glass of wine, beer, soda's etc.
Thank you

Mike M April 24th, 2013 12:58 PM

Unlike LF, I'll try to answer your question.

On Holland America cocktails will range from:

$4.50 to $6.00 for beer
$ 6.00 to $12.00 for mixed drink. Well drinks are in the $6 - $7 range and specialty drinks (martinis) will run up to $12 for the larger ones.

Soda is $2/can and $1.25 for fountain.

This information is about a year old but I believe the prices have remained the same.

HAL now offers a drink package for $39.95/day for drinks below $7.

Take care,
Mike

storybookcruises.com April 24th, 2013 03:24 PM

You're about right, Mike.

We were on the Noordam in December and if memory serves me right, that's about what we paid. I do remember they offered a 'bucket' of beer where if you buy 4 beers, you get the 5th one for free, so that made the beer not a bad price.

Pete

kish April 24th, 2013 04:07 PM

Thank you all for the information.

Mike M April 24th, 2013 07:24 PM

The last that I heard you can still order a bottle of liquor from room service at a "reasonable" price. Reasonable is around $40 - $50 a bottle.

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan April 24th, 2013 10:46 PM

M

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1471168)
Unlike LF, I'll try to answer your question.

On Holland America cocktails will range from:

$4.50 to $6.00 for beer
$ 6.00 to $12.00 for mixed drink. Well drinks are in the $6 - $7 range and specialty drinks (martinis) will run up to $12 for the larger ones.

Soda is $2/can and $1.25 for fountain.

This information is about a year old but I believe the prices have remained the same.

HAL now offers a drink package for $39.95/day for drinks below $7.

Take care,
Mike

LF in his post once again deleted was responding in a medical point of view that the OP might not have been aware of.

Kuki April 25th, 2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1471246)
LF in his post once again deleted was responding in a medical point of view that the OP might not have been aware of.

One you're not a Dr., and secondly you offered NO help in responding to a first time cruisers question.

If you can't offer useful information in response to a question, just move on. Post on threads that invite your personal judgements and opinions.

I'm afraid a first time cruiser reading your response would only make them wish they don't meet people like that on their cruise.