CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   Blue Man Group taught me lesson about checking show schedule (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/396309-blue-man-group-taught-me-lesson-about-checking-show-schedule.html)

shazam May 24th, 2013 06:24 AM

Blue Man Group taught me lesson about checking show schedule

I have never thought about show schedules.. My routine was go to dinner and then go to the show.An incident which I witnessed on the Norwegian Epic taught me a lesson about checking on show schedules. What happened was a loud discussion outside the reservation desk attracted my attention. The discussion was between the cruise director and a passenger from New Jersey. The essence of the discussion was that the Blue Man group had performed as scheduled and the man from New Jersey said he had expected the group to perform once more on one of the ussual nights. He had apparently not checked the show schedule and was mad becuase he had come on the cruise to see the group perform.

Check show schedule. The group or performer you saw on a previous night may not be on the ship later in the cruise.

The Blue Man Group at sea, on the . Norwegian Epic was different and I enjoyed it. And in hindsight a value when I happened to check the price of a pereformance of the Blue Man Group in a local venue - $500 for a special seat.

Trip May 24th, 2013 09:42 AM

I have sailed the Epic twice,and when the day NCL opens the ability to book entertainment and dining options, it becomes very clear what you can do, and the days and times you can do it.

The owness was on the passengers shoulders for his error,and the yelling, ridiculous.On our cruises, they performed more then once,and lots of room for people who had not booked it online.

Like you, we really enjoyed this group. Free is good.:)

Donna May 24th, 2013 10:03 AM

Yes, it is very important to check the ships daily schedule for all shows, events, etc. Noticed, while on Allure, it was best to pre-book any shows you wanted to see, otherwise you had to stand in a line and hope to get in, then you had fewer seats to choose from... Learned my lesson well.

green_rd May 24th, 2013 02:33 PM

Not used to booking shows on a ship - but I am used to reading.

Paul Motter May 24th, 2013 02:43 PM

Yeah - but Epic is the only ship I know of where if you fail to make a reservation there is a very good chance you will miss a show entirely.

BMG appears five times on that cruise (I think) - BUT - usually the first four are fully ticketed by the first day of the cruise.

If you miss your night, then you have to hope you can stand in line (for an hour) and get a leftover seat. Now, I believe it is not that hard to get in on standby, especially if you arrive early.

The problem is that no regular cruiser thinks that way - it is something you have to KNOW about Epic before you get there. The guy probably just asked about tickets each night and was told they are were all gone, but he didn't think about standby.

Also - if you want standby its a separate line, and you better get there early.

aralyn072 June 5th, 2013 10:00 AM

Thanks for nice post