Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Familiar Face

Default Blue Man Group taught me lesson about checking show schedule

I have never thought about show schedules.. My routine was go to dinner and then go to the show.An incident which I witnessed on the Norwegian Epic taught me a lesson about checking on show schedules. What happened was a loud discussion outside the reservation desk attracted my attention. The discussion was between the cruise director and a passenger from New Jersey. The essence of the discussion was that the Blue Man group had performed as scheduled and the man from New Jersey said he had expected the group to perform once more on one of the ussual nights. He had apparently not checked the show schedule and was mad becuase he had come on the cruise to see the group perform.

Check show schedule. The group or performer you saw on a previous night may not be on the ship later in the cruise.

The Blue Man Group at sea, on the . Norwegian Epic was different and I enjoyed it. And in hindsight a value when I happened to check the price of a pereformance of the Blue Man Group in a local venue - $500 for a special seat.
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have sailed the Epic twice,and when the day NCL opens the ability to book entertainment and dining options, it becomes very clear what you can do, and the days and times you can do it.

The owness was on the passengers shoulders for his error,and the yelling, ridiculous.On our cruises, they performed more then once,and lots of room for people who had not booked it online.

Like you, we really enjoyed this group. Free is good.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, it is very important to check the ships daily schedule for all shows, events, etc. Noticed, while on Allure, it was best to pre-book any shows you wanted to see, otherwise you had to stand in a line and hope to get in, then you had fewer seats to choose from... Learned my lesson well.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Admiral

Not used to booking shows on a ship - but I am used to reading.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yeah - but Epic is the only ship I know of where if you fail to make a reservation there is a very good chance you will miss a show entirely.

BMG appears five times on that cruise (I think) - BUT - usually the first four are fully ticketed by the first day of the cruise.

If you miss your night, then you have to hope you can stand in line (for an hour) and get a leftover seat. Now, I believe it is not that hard to get in on standby, especially if you arrive early.

The problem is that no regular cruiser thinks that way - it is something you have to KNOW about Epic before you get there. The guy probably just asked about tickets each night and was told they are were all gone, but he didn't think about standby.

Also - if you want standby its a separate line, and you better get there early.
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for nice post