Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Air quality for sleeping

I really like to sleep next to an open window at night. What is the quality of the air like in an inside cabin? I'm a bit worried about waking up with my lungs aching from a lack of fresh air. If the air is well circulated, I might be able to adjust. (unfortunately the cabns with a balcony are all sold out.) Thanks for your anwswers cruise buddies.
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Honestly - the air can be fairly dry due to constant air conditioning. I suggest taking some saline nose spray along to keep your sinuses well lubricated.

I think one of the reason people can get sick on cruise ships is because their sinuses dry out and that makes it easier for a germ to penetrate your sinusoidal membrane.
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Paul's reco is a good one. The nasal spray will help a lot. With my allergies, I like the A/C to filter the air but it does get pretty dry. I use the nasal spray and it helps.

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.
Old November 5th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Familiar Face

I do not sleep with the windows open like you, but I do like the air moving in my room when I sleep. I pack a small personal fan in our baggage when we go on cruises. It is only 8" across and not very powerful, but having that little extra air hitting my face makes a big difference in sleeping comfort. I paid less than $20 for it at Wal-Mart. Make sure you buy a fan that folds flat so it is easy to pack.

The fan has gone with us on a couple Caribbean cruises and one on the A mazon. I slept great every night.

Last edited by Kuki; November 5th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.