Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default final day cruise trip

Hi guys,so I have a little dilemma,we are looking to do a tour of Rome on our final day...disembarkment ...I feel the royal carribean price is way too dear of 120 euros so im looking for different ideas ...Im basically thinking of getting from port to the hop on hop off tour bus that you see everywhere and then to davinci airport ..flight isn't until 8.30pm...only problem is where can we put our bags and whats the best way to go about this basic tour of rome and get to airport aswell ..thanks guys all suggestions greatly appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

That is a GREAT question.

The first place I would look is for lockers at the train station in Rome where you will arrive when you take the train to Rome from Civitavecchia.

If you plan right, that will be the same train station where you end your tour. Then you can go back there, get your bags and get on a train to take you to the airport.

Otherwise - the only other option I can suggest is that you find a quality hotel and ask the concierge if they will watch the bags for the day. Expect to tip them pretty well (10 Euro?)

Or it is possible to hop-on tour provider will have lockers or someone to watch them, but my personal experience with these tours in Rome is that they were not helpful.
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

thanks paul,i think ill go with leaving the bags at the main train termini in rome,...I take it the hop on hop off bus tours are available at the main station termini in rome?...my only thing is we are thinking of getting a private taxi to the port and to keep things simple and hassle free get the private taxi back from the port to the main termini...unless there is an easier hassle free way getting from the port to the main termini without too much walking carrying bags....thanks again
Old July 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The best way to get to Rome from the port is by train according everything I have read.

There are regularly scheduled trains from the port city to Rome all day long (Europe is big on train service).

If you try the train look into getting reserved tickets (much more expensive) but otherwise with so many cruisers you may find trains filling up before you can get on. I have personally never done this, but I know a lot of people have done it.

You can also get a car - but it will not be cheap. But it is cheaper is you have two or more people than paying the "per person" price for transport by Royal Caribbean buses.
Old July 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Familiar Face

thanks Paul, I think such suggestions would be very helpful for the differnt travelers especially for the cuise lovers...