Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Not sure what to think...

So confused at the moment, my girlfriend is working on a cruise now for just over a month now and she has met a guy on there who works there too and has told her he likes her a lot...she said she has a boyfriend....so I left it there and did not think anything of it......she now has told me that they have been spending lots of time together...leave the ship and tour together ect...and what hurt the most is that they have been in each others beds for a couple of nights and watched movies...cabin beds are not the biggest, all single...don't know what to think...she says nothing has happened but don't know what to think....I find it hard to believe after some nights he has not tried his luck, been together for 4years now...and things not looking good at the moment...
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I just joined CruiseMates and came upon your post. Pretty sure I am much older than you and my advise (from what I'm reading) is dump her ASAP. From what I have heard, temptation on cruise ships is great and if I were you I would not beat myself up over it and simply move on. She can say what you want to hear but if it continues, you will be hurt later. Just my 2 ol' cents worth...
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Admiral

Welcome to CM. Really not sure what to suggest here but I can see where it would be confusing.
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Ey, thank you for taking the time to reply, really appreciate it. I am 26 at the moment, she slightly younger. We still together and she refuses to break up, although it still hurts me knowing she was in bed with another guy, the DJ of the cruise line, but like you say will probably just tell me what I want to hear....never really knowing what happened....just find it hard to believe that he wont try anything with her after 4 nights in bed watching movies together and the fact that he likes her...so will see what happens in the next month or two...she will be back in March 2014...thanx again for your time....
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Sorry dude. Your her 'at home BF and she now has an 'on-ship' BF.

What happens on the ship stays on the ship.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Well you know, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck. Certainly a man and a woman in bed together is very tempting. I think common sense plays a big part here.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default poppadock

What can anyone say to a 26 year old when it comes to his girl friend, follow your heart young man.
Old August 26th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Welcome Newcomer

thanx for taking the time to reply guys, really appreciate it! Take Care!!!
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Best of luck Steven, whatever you decide!
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Decided to stay with her for now, see how the next couple of weeks pan out. Been together for 3 and a half years, and the plan was to get engaged to her towards end of next year as she is back in March 2014. Still hurts, she is trying everything to gain back my trust and but its hard knowing your GF was in another guys bed even if they did nothing....guess time will tell....
Old August 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

A lot of cruise people "hook up" and in the end it doesn't mean anything.

Now, I was on a ship when I had a girlfriend and I never fooled around on her. but when I got home I found out she had been seeing a few different guys (I never asked them how far that went). I think they just had crushes on her.

In the end, though, she ended up leaving me for another guy. Some women just have to have someone close by. If she didn't describe him as being "gay, ugly, awkward" or anything else that suggests she wouldn't go there with him, then I would be thinking about looking for another girlfriend.

But it's up to you. With girls like that chances are you will be the last to know.
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Familiar Face

My first wife was cheating on me . My second wife filed for divorce cause she thought I was cheating on her .My third wife was a wonderful woman who past away . I am with wife number 4 now .She loves cruising and has gotten me interested too.