Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Belize questions? 1st cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
First Time Cruisers, We at CruiseMates, want THIS forum, to be your first stop for information to help you really enjoy your cruise experience. NO question is silly...being an educated first timer means, a more enjoyable cruise! Ask Away! Spead the word....

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Annv. and will be taking our first cruise. We leave Feb. 18th, 5 days on Royal Carribean "liberty of Seas".
We will go to Cozumel and Belize city.
First , is it better to go out on your own or book through ship? If ship when should you book it the day you dock?
We love the beaches, the blue waters etc.
Can someone tell me where on each place are the best places to go! And can anyone offer on each place something else we should see maybe as well. I just want to experience the warm blue water, but yet go and hit maybe the highlights of both places. Also modes of transportation we should use.
Also, do you recommend bring your own water or filter water bottles?
Another thing, motion sickness. Is there something I should bring for that ? Not sure if we will but want to be prepared.
Any help in what would be simple but get the best experiences of the stops would be appreciated. I just would like not to be worrying about what or how much we should try to do as not to be overwhelmed and not be able to enjoy the occasion.
If I have posted this wrong I apologize, if it makes it then I appreciate and thank you for any help.
KimC
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

There is really good snorkeling in Belieze, I would just book a ship excursion here, most cases they pick you up at the ship, rather than taking the long tender ride into port. The port has the usual shops, but I wouldn't wonder around out of that area..

Lots of options in Cozumel, check all the shore excursions offered by the ship and you can possibly find an independent one here. A nice day is taking a cab over to Chakanaab park, lots to do there and not too far from the pier. This is also the place to shop for mexican treasures, some good vanilla is sold here...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First Time Cruiser

Thanks Donna,
When do you book the excursions? I have read different places you should call two weeks advance to book them? Do you just get a brochure and look through them all?

I do see comments on some islands to not venture far? MY queston is, can you fill up the whole day off port on these Islands? Belize and Cozumel?

We have already paid for tips. Am I correct that you pay 15% on alcohol,What else since we already paid should we tip? Do you suggest keeping money on you? On and off the ship?

We booked this cruise through RCI. Can anyone give me any information on the Liberty of the Seas? And any particular information that would be helpful? Am just wondering if we will enjoy this cruise. We were kinda limited on where to go at this time due to waiting so late to book. Just worried we will be disappointed. I have this idea of beautiful blue water, laying on the beach. Would like to see the highlights also of each place. We are not hikers of snorkerlers at this time. I am sure after this cruise our next one we will know how to better plan. Wish I had known about this site. My goodness what a help. If I have other questions can I write back?
Thanks again
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Hi Kim,
Be sure to go to the Royal Caribbean site and input all your information. You should have a booking number, you will need that. Once you do all that, you can look through their excursions and get an idea of what is offered at both ports and see what you want to do. General rule, one excursion at each stop, also depends on how much time you are there. If you go ashore in Belize, be sure to make sure you have plenty of time to tender back to the ship...

If you should order room service, you may want to tip a few dollars to the person who brings it up, otherwise, all your tips are paid for, each time you order a drink or soda, they will automatically add another 15% on to the amount, then that will go on your sign/sail pass.

Feel free to ask all your questions..

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks again,
Have you heard anything about Passion Island at Belize and if the ride, area is sfe etc? If I decided to go I thought I would wait to book when we got there to see how weather.
I have looked at different excursions. If I were to book one of these, should I do it one Belize or Cozumel. And, on either do you have to take a boat to them first? I thought that is how I read it but not sure. I just know I want to do a day at a beautiful beach and one day do a land trip that are not so expensive. Thanks again
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Admiral

In Belieze you have to tender, the ship does not dock there. Some excursions will pick you up at the ship rather than take the tender to the dock.. In Cozumel, you will dock, so no boat ride...A good beach is in Cozumel, Chankanaab park, snokeling too...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Now I really feel stupid How does so many people get off the ship when it docks?
If you could tell me, do you think by me booking the Excursion to Passion Island in Belize through the ship that it would be safe? Have you heard of anyone going there?
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Kim,
Sometimes, it does take a little while to get off the ship. They let the people with ship excursions off first. Just wait a little while and you can just walk off, no problem.

Message Boards Moderator