Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:10 AM
Captain

Default Order from kids menu to get specials like mac and cheese and smaller portions

When youi want mac and cheese or a smaller portion use kids menu and you don't need a gastric postop card.
A “post op card” is a business cards sized card, often laminated, usually given by surgeons reading something to the effect of:

The holder of this card has had a surgical procedure which has permanently reduced their stomach capacity. Therefore… It is greatly appreciated if you would allow them to order from the children’s menu or to purchase half-sized adult entrees. Thank you for your consideration.
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey,
That is good to know, I never even thought that this was possible. There are those times, when you really don't want a full sized meal... I may just try this sometime, thanks for the tip.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Familiar Face

This is a fantastic post and an amazing little nugget of advice. My wife eats like a bird and there are many times we end up throwing away so much food when we go out. With the price of meals on a cruise I would hate to waste all the money. This is a great way for us to get her a portion that she can eat for a reasonable amount of money. I really appreciate you taking the time to make this post and share this information with us. It is these little gold nuggets that really make a difference for first timers like myself.
Old February 9th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Yes

Don't forget the Banana Split from the kids menu...I had one last week for dessert on the Triumph.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.