Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Not too young, Not too old

So I (21) am looking to go on a cruise with my brother (18) and mother (50s) and am trying to decide ship/line. We want to do a 3-4 night to the Bahamas. The only problem is the reviews I have read either classify ships as "family friendly" (no kids here, not really needed) or good for the "older croud" (I'm 21 and dont want to be surrounded by old ppl). So we are looking for a happy medium. The brother is satisfied with a pool but I want a line that has good clubs and bars for people in their 20s. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

MOst of the shorter, 3-4 day cruises you will find your choices are best with Carnival or Royal Caribbean. If you all have to fly into Florida, I'd suggest looking for a 7 night cruise, would sure open up your choices....Something to think about.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 13th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Most 3/4 day cruises are considered party ships for the most part...Cost effective for the younger crowd to afford,and lots of party hardy attitude. Do you think your Mom would be happy with this atmosphere?

Most moderate priced crusie lines all reflect a family style range of people form kids to seniors...depending on the date booked, can also alter the age ranges..upscale lines usually will omit the tag line "family."

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 13th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Although Carnival does offer the 20's a number of clubs on their vessels they do tend to carry a lot of kids. With one passenger being 50 I highly recommend that you consider RCI Brilliance of the Seas -16 bars, clubs and lounges that never have a cover, including The Colony Club featuring self-leveling pool tables, Scoreboard Sports Bar, and the Schooner Bar

Vision of the Seas Complete renovated last year 8 bars and lounges that never have a cover, including Some Enchanted Evening Lounge and the Champagne Bar

Princess Cruises Ruby Princess This means that Ruby Princess passengers will have plenty of places to enjoy good music, have a drink, or just have fun with new friends. The lounges range in decor from the ultra-modern Skywalkers Nightclub to the elegant Adagio Bar. The large Explorers Lounge and Club Fusion also serve as small theaters, with musical and variety entertainment

Celebrity Constellation is my favorite (5 nights thou) It offers 64 international craft beer selections including ales, lagers, lambics, ciders, wheat beers, seasonal and beer cocktails in addition to its already extensive collection of fine spirits. I feel this vessel is the "happy medium" with something classic for all.
Old February 19th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Great answer MyCruise... welcome to CruiseMates.
Old February 20th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Admiral

I was going to suggest Princess to cover all bases and age groups, but I think "MyCruise" has the best advice.

donna
Old February 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Captain

Default Go Carnival Enjoy yourself

Carnival is the cruise line for anyone under 25.
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:02 PM
First Mate

I seriously doubt if you'd be happy on princess, celebrity or HAL. Although they all have bars & nightclubs most people will not be anywhere near you age and you'll be bored to tears. Stick with Carnival, RCCL or even NCL.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Brilliance is a good call, but for lots of reasons I would not go back there having been on it twice, For a first time 3/4 day I would go Carnival as it will give a taste of what you like and what you dont like if you had to do it again