CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   Sex on the Balcony (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/401004-sex-balcony.html)

chadxo February 13th, 2014 08:23 PM

Sex on the Balcony
 
My wife and I are going on a cruise and are definitely planning to try out the balcony. It will be later at night and we will not be loud. My question is I have seen a lot of posts on "don't have sex on the railings." Why is that?? Do they mean on the upper decks or is there something we should know?? Thank you!!

Snoozeman February 14th, 2014 06:17 AM

Don't want you falling over board....especially late at night when no one will see you.

RichC February 14th, 2014 08:09 AM

Don't worry about falling, they have cameras just in case. :p

seadog2 February 14th, 2014 12:18 PM

Wow, I thought this was the name of a mixed drink.

thecruisequeen February 14th, 2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seadog2 (Post 1495019)
Wow, I thought this was the name of a mixed drink.


The name of the drink is "Sex on the Beach" actually is a pretty good drink....Maybe the cruise lines can come up with a new drink called "sex on the Balcony" LOL:p

Travelbuggs February 14th, 2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadxo (Post 1494977)
My wife and I are going on a cruise and are definitely planning to try out the balcony. It will be later at night and we will not be loud. My question is I have seen a lot of posts on "don't have sex on the railings." Why is that?? Do they mean on the upper decks or is there something we should know?? Thank you!!

Well, you got my attention!:D. I must confess, I have never seen any other posts anywhere on "sex on the railings"! But maybe this accounts for a recent incident I read about where a woman went over the railing late at night. Her husband or boyfriend alerted the ship immediately and she was very lucky that they were able to locate her in the dark. Supposedly she was leaning backward over the rail to "see the side of the ship". Hmmmm.

It is virtually impossible to fall over a railing if you are seated or in a standing position with your feet on the deck. Unless you are doing something really stupid like balancing ON the railing, no problems. I'm sure you are too smart to do anything that foolhardy, but keep in mind people use their balconies at all hours of the night and not all balconies are fully covered so you might be viewed from above as well as peeked at from around the dividers.:shock:. Have a great cruise and be safe!

seadog2 February 14th, 2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1495024)
The name of the drink is "Sex on the Beach" actually is a pretty good drink....Maybe the cruise lines can come up with a new drink called "sex on the Balcony" LOL:p

Ah right, sex on the beach.

Paul Motter February 19th, 2014 02:56 PM

Actually - there is a TRUE story about a couple who were "doing it" on the railing of their balcony and ended up falling off the ship.

Sitting on the railing is strictly against the rules on a cruise ship (it is one way people fall off) - and so having se... I mean "making love" on the balcony is a definite no-no.

If anyone replied to you that way when you said this, it is probably because they know about the original story. It happened in 2007 - sorry that I can;t find any original links, but the woman was so embarrassed she left the cruise ship in the next port and flew home.

DavidB February 23rd, 2014 03:18 PM

Hey, if I can no longer smoke on my balcony as of the new rule for all lines and ships owned by Carnival, then why the hell should I suffer at sea sexual acrobatics by other passengers on the same ship/cabin area? Potentially listening to "them" and being a passive recipient of that excersise could damage me, if only to my sleep.

I appreciate me smoking in the open air could take three or four minutes of suffering for those around me (dont think so), but those 2 mins could damage more folks that night than me having a quick smoke on my balcony. :-)

Tongue in cheek with above, but I cannot wait to hear from Carnival the next thing they will do to piss people off in rules and regulations, hey Chadxo, do it while you can bud.

Go for it during the day in full view of the bridge, and even better in port, see what they do then

beachbum13 February 24th, 2014 02:48 PM

On our cruise earlier this month we were enjoying a late afternoon cocktail on our balcony before getting ready for dinner. We started hearing "noises" :rolleyes: from the balcony next to ours. And then shadows confirmed that we were not imagining things! Not sure how far they went but there were bathing suits on the deck of their balcony! Not that they cared we went inside to give them some "privacy"! :p

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...27169665_n.jpg

Beermam42 July 1st, 2014 02:25 AM

Well That Got Your Attention
 
What was that cabin number? Brings back memories!!!

Paul Motter July 7th, 2014 02:53 PM

I don't mind as long as she isn't sitting ON the railing.

Remember this incident: http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/car...overboard.html

(It happened on Princess, not sure why this was posted in Carnival). Actually, she fell, and he jumped afterwards to save her. Fortunately both were rescued (they were lucky). She was so embarrassed she just flew home rather than continue the cruise.

I guess I know where they get that word emBareAssed now.

friedshrimp July 12th, 2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1495248)
Actually - there is a TRUE story about a couple who were "doing it" on the railing of their balcony and ended up falling off the ship.

Sitting on the railing is strictly against the rules on a cruise ship (it is one way people fall off) - and so having se... I mean "making love" on the balcony is a definite no-no.

If anyone replied to you that way when you said this, it is probably because they know about the original story. It happened in 2007 - sorry that I can;t find any original links, but the woman was so embarrassed she left the cruise ship in the next port and flew home.

Since it was a "couple doing it", what did the man do?? :confused:

Kashmirgirl1976 July 27th, 2014 05:42 PM

Not worth the chance. Besides, I'd want a cut from the film.

Truck Cruiser July 28th, 2014 01:02 AM

We were on one cruise and during the Newly wed game the question was asked....what is the kinkiest spot you ever had sex. The Newest married couple replied, "The Lido Deck this week" The cruise director made a funny face and said....Everyone out there wants to know, Where????
I can't do it justice but it was really funny!

fourxbusymom July 29th, 2014 08:49 PM

On our Hawaiian cruise, there was a couple who admitted during the Marriage Game to doing it the Launderette onboard! Needless to say, they got some funny looks for the duration of that cruise!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1