Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default New to the Cruise

Hi there. Getting ready to do my first cruise with my 12 year old daughter on the Carnival Imagination. Will be doing the 4 day to Catalina and Ensenada.
Any tips, advice, suggestions? Want to make sure she has a good time. She is not a shy girl and makes friends easily as I do, and wanted to know if having her go to a "kids Club" thing would be a good idea?

BTW - Cruising on Easter Sunday (April 20)

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Yes take her to kids club for sure....short cruise, she can't get bored. Good luck!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 03:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

On this short cruise, yes cool-to-the-core clubs. For the kids, there are a lot of varied activities for everyone. On your cruise you will find an age appropriate "chill space" and a water-filled thrill space in Carnival Water Works(TM) for your child and special places for you too - imagine the spa or a pool side lounge chair a quiet bar or lively entertainment!

Spa Carnival is a 12,000 square ft. area for beauty salon, fitness center and spa. You may run into a spa therapist I know that is absolutely wonderful!

On a recent cruise on the Carnival Imagination I saw and witnessed kids involved in interactive rhyming songs as well as a special showing of the movie "THE CAT IN THE HAT" at the Seaside Theater. Carnival Cruises' Seuss at Sea even delighted me and many children for sure.

In my opinion, I always try to eat with the kids because nothing brings the family together like food and fun, sometimes my wife and I try a specialty restaurant on other lines. On your particular cruise, there is another activity I love to do as a family and I say you are never too big to play miniature golf. What I think is important is that you balance appropriate time both in the "Kids Club" and time with you so the cruise will be special all around.

Youth groups are divided based on age. Club O2, located Deck 9 (Promenade) Mid-ship is the meeting place for ages 15-17. Circle "C" at Deck 8(Atlantic) Midship provides activities for the 12-14 crowd. Camp Carnival Child Development Center takes excellent care of the youngsters with age appropriate divisions. Located at Deck 11(Veranda), Toddlers ages 2-5, Juniors ages 6-8 and Intermediates, ages 9-11 each boast their very own Camp Director and dedicated space. Age appropriate planned activities are provided throughout the cruise. For more in-depth information visit the official Carnival website and the page containing both adult and child activities. Enjoy your short cruise and you'll soon be a "Cruisemate" addict!
Old March 22nd, 2014, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Congrats on your first cruise...the ship should be filled with kids, and I bet oyu will never not see a smile on your daughters face! With so many kids she may not need the club, so sign her up, then see what happens..Have a ball, and let us know how fabulous it was!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 24th, 2014, 12:29 PM
First Mate

With your daughter involved with the kids club; you may only see her at meal time. My grandkids had a ball.
Old April 8th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I was on Carnival Breeze for a Thanksgiving cruise and all of the kids seemed to be having a ball - and there were hundreds of them.

Yes, sometimes they would leave the organized activities and you would packs of them "roaming" the ship, but I noticed one thing - that all them had been well instructed about their manners even when they are on their own. I suspect the youth counselors did this, because not all parent would think of it.

As these kids roamed the ship, yes they would run and cut in front of you. (kids will be kids) but I also noticed that they were always fairly quiet, and if one them yelled out, the others would immediately "shush" them - reminding each other not to yell out in public areas.

All in all, they were pretty well behaved, even out on the pool decks and in the play area.