Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default alcohol package on royal caribbean

Hi. Just curious about something...wondering how the all you can drink package works? If someone gets a drink with their drink plan, what stops them from passing it to a friend and then going to get another drink for their self? My husband and I are both getting a package, but the couple we are going with are going to "share" it. Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Captain

Honesty is supposed to work! Don't try to do that in the same bar, they do keep track of what you drink and how much

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old March 22nd, 2014, 02:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Watchful eyes of the server and the security cameras that are in all public areas, lounges and pool deck! That is why I wonder so much why things "happen" on cruise ships. Recently on the named Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, I saw the policy enforced (the one you sign for or electronically sign for) when you sign up for the program.

The cute couple, unfortunately had the new groom - "loose" without refund the package and as stated earlier - each drink is itemized and rung up separately, they watch what you order, how you like it (Hard knocks and Rocks or not) and if you have consumed too much. They also watch and crew watches when you have had a little too much and they cut you off BEFORE you go out on the open deck! Supposedly

Updated in 2013 the following is quoted from an email sent by RCI and it's affiliates "*Prices subject to change without notice. Packages include server gratuities, cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages. Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International’s Alcohol Policy. Complete terms and conditions on page 2. 2013 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas. 13032790 • 12/13/13" A link to the flyer is here:
http://media.royalcaribbean.com/cont...e_packages.pdf

For other policy's about bringing on alcohol see RCI's website at the article Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard - Royal Caribbean International
Old March 22nd, 2014, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I wouldn't attempt to share one. It's not fair to the cruise line and if the cost goes up due to cheaters, it's not fair to other passengers who follow the rules.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.