CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   ok, I snore (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/401696-ok-i-snore.html)

lyannea March 29th, 2014 07:19 PM

ok, I snore

I've been reluctant to answer a roommate request ad because I snore.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Mike M March 29th, 2014 10:00 PM

A CPAP saved my life and kept my wife in the same bed. It's something to think about and talk to your doctor about. No more snoring and the mask isn't hard to get use to. I also sleep a heck of a lot better.

Take care,
Mike

lyannea March 29th, 2014 10:18 PM

Thanks, Mike.
My mom and cousin both wear cpaps at night, though from
what I remember, it took awhile to get used to.
I'll give it a try
Ly

TimmyK March 30th, 2014 06:45 AM

The new masks are actually a lot smaller and somewhat easier to put on.

lyannea March 30th, 2014 04:14 PM

Can I ask you if you have the face mask, covering the nose and mouth or just the nose pillows ?

1stcruiser2 March 31st, 2014 09:03 PM

Haha, I snore too. I'm looking for a cabin buddy. I've never cruised before and have been wanting to go so badly. Where would you be leaving from? Mom in jacksonville fl so would want to depart close by if possible.

1stcruiser2 March 31st, 2014 09:04 PM

I meant I'm from jacksonville. Darn spell check.

Mike M April 1st, 2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyannea (Post 1497829)
Can I ask you if you have the face mask, covering the nose and mouth or just the nose pillows ?

I have the mask that only covers the nose. Quite comfortable.

Take care,
Mike

lyannea April 2nd, 2014 11:57 PM

I'm looking to cruise Oct/Nov/Dec or maybe into next year.
I live in Seattle so I'll most likely have to fly south before the cruise.
The last cruise I took was 19 years ago, when I turned 40-.not sure why it's taken me so long to get back in the game !
Thanks Mike M and TimmyK for the advice,

Lyannea

bonnyprincecharlie April 8th, 2014 11:18 AM

Tell potential cruisemates you snore, it saves a lot of trouble

If you are not upfront with potential cruisemates concerning something like snoring you don't want to find out that it is a problem after you are in the cabin.

Paul Motter April 8th, 2014 03:34 PM

A LOT of people snore (myself included) and I have had cabin mates that snore.

When it comes to looking for a cabin share all you can do is be honest. Most people will only find it to be a problem if they did not know about it in advance.

Personally, I wear ear plugs to bed anyway because I don't like to be awakened by unexpected noises in the middle of the night.

I have tried them all, and I have found these to be the best (and also the cheapest). The reason they are the best is because they are very soft, so they not only feel more comfortable, but they fit in and stay in the ear. here is the link:

Mack's Safesound Earplugs 100ct | Walgreens

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/353437/220.jpg

I suggest you buy some of these and take them with you - because a lot of people will say "I don't like ear plugs," or "they don't work." Well, these work and they are comfortable. (I noticed they are top rated at Walgreens).

lyannea April 8th, 2014 06:17 PM

Paul,
Thank you for the advice- honesty is always the best way to go.

There's always something new to make your cruise more enjoyable: those earplugs look really neat and if they work, that's a win-win situation !

Ofteemontly July 8th, 2014 09:22 AM

Over Weight Contribute Snoring

Did you know that too much weight can contribute snoring issues? So start now daily exercising and eat healthy foods. you might wanna check this stopsnoringmethod(dot)net to learn how to stop snoring naturally

Ofteemontly July 10th, 2014 12:08 AM

You can sleep on your side to lessen snoring. Or you can follow this easy steps to stop your snoring naturally. stopsnoringmethod.net

Ofteemontly July 31st, 2014 02:40 AM

Sleep On Your Side

To prevent snoring, try to sleep on your side and put pillow on your back to keep you on your side while you sleep. Too much weight can contribute snoring too so start to loose weight by daily exercise

lyannea August 8th, 2014 11:10 PM

Oftee,
Thanks for the tip !.
Definetely worth a try !