Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First time cruise - boarding process question

Hi,

I am planning to get on a cruise from Oz to NZ, and I have some questions regarding its check in process.
Is this process similar to airport, i.e. Border officers check your landing record and stamp a out of country on your passport?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Similar but different. Your experience may vary a limitless by cruise line. Check with you travel agent.

Basically you need to show up with your boarding pass and passport in hand. Stevedores will take your luggage. That luggage will be delivered to your state room later. Any hand carried bags will go through a security check. You may have to complete a brief health questionnaire. Finally you will get your cruise card which is you door key, table assignment and on-board currency. When you board the ship they will take your phot and link it to your card. You will show that card every time you leave and return to the ship.

When you arrive at your final port in NZ you will pass through their immigration. That is when things will be most like the airport.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old July 8th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I have a companion who needs visa to go to both AUS and NZ, will they check her visas at the terminal? I mean the cruise goes to NZ and effectively that means she will leave Aus border and if she only has a single entry visa does that mean she will not be able to return? So I am concerned that at the terminal the officer will record her passport as leaving the country and it will complicate things because she most likely can only get single entry visa.
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

They will also want to see your credit card and put that on your account, a lot of the information they require you can fill out online at their web-site, saves a lot of time for check-in...

Message Boards Moderator