Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile 10 Reasons To Book your first Cruise

1.Great Entertainment
Forget the painful in-house entertainment staff of most hotels and step in to a world of huge productions by some of the worlds best shows. Royal Caribbean now feature 5 Broadway shows across it’s fleet‚ Cats‚ Chicago‚ Hairspray‚ Mama-Mia and Saturday Night Fever. Oasis class ships feature spectacular ice skating shows and aqua shows with dazzling effect. Norwegian Cruise Lines have Broadways Blue Man Group and the Las Vegas show Legends. Add to these an array of live bands‚ karaoke bars‚ comedy shows‚ nightclubs and entertainers dotted all over the ship. Unless you are traveling to Broadway or Vegas you will never find this standard or variety of entertainment on a land based holiday.

2. Wake Up In A New & Exciting Place Every Day On A Cruise
The great thing about cruise holidays is all the different places you get to see even on a seven day cruise. Take a typical 7 day Mediterranean cruise you will get to visit Naples‚ Rome‚ Florence‚ Monte Carlo‚ Barcelona and enjoy a large selection of tours or explore on your own.

3. Your Kids Will Love It
These days cruising is all about the family and the facilities for the kids are amazing. With separate areas for toddlers to teens and a full crew of professionals to look after them you will be forgiven for forgetting you brought the kids along. Ships feature water parks‚ arcades‚ sports courts‚ bowling alleys‚ teen nightclubs‚ cartoon characters and loads of activities for the kids all day long.

4. Food‚ Food and More Food
Yes it’s true what they say you average cruise passenger will gain weight during a cruise and with so much food on offer it’s easy to see why. Quite simply the food is fantastic whether your dining in the main dining rooms‚ buffet restaurants or in one of the many specialty restaurants on offer. From breakfast to dinner there is something to please everyone.

5. Outstanding Service
No matter what cabin type you choose‚ the service you will receive throughout your cruise is amazing‚ your cabins are kept immaculate by an army of cabin stewards. The staff throughout the ship are always smiling and ready to attend to your every need‚ i have found this to be true on all the cruises I have personally been on regardless of cruise line.

6. Stress Free
With the cruise industry heavily investing in more departure ports‚ the likely hood of been able to drive or take a train to your departure port is on the increase. That means NO FLYING which also means no stressful waiting around‚ taking off your shoes‚ checking bottles and electronic devices and what ever new security checks the airlines will continue to ask of us.

Cruising couldn’t be easier‚ check in is a simple process as most of it is done on line before you arrive at the cruise terminal. As soon as you arrive at the terminal someone will take your bags from you‚ then you will check in and have your photo taken‚ be issued your room/id cards then you make your way to the ship‚ security scan your card you walk through a scanner and your on holiday. Yes it’s that simple.

7. Have It Your Way
More and more cruise lines are now following the lead of Norwegian Cruise Lines‚ “Freestyle Cruising”. Gone are the traditional set meal times and dress codes‚ it’s your holiday have it your way. Eat when you want and where you want‚ with a massive choice of places to eat and food available 24 hours per day. Dress up or Dress down it’s up to you‚ for me it’s casual all the way and thankfully my tux is now back in the cupboard at home where it belongs.

8. Great Value For Money
Cruise holidays are exceptionally good value when you take into account all the things that are included within your fair. All of your meals‚ daytime and evening entertainment and a host of activities around the ship. Look around for a good deal especially if you have kids as many companies at certain times will have offers on letting the kids go free‚ soda packages and drinks packages are also available to help you control your holiday budget.

9. Because You Don´t Know What You´re Missing
Cruise based holidays have a proven higher customer satisfaction rate than any other type of holiday and three in every four passengers are repeat business. People who cruise seem to fall in love with cruising‚ myself been one of them‚ even the 35 foot waves in the Atlantic on Christmas day haven´t dampened my passion for cruising. I can´t wait for my next cruise holiday and my enthusiasm for cruising has promoted some friends and family members who would never have entertained the notion of cruising to give it a go‚ one week and they were all hooked. there are people who cruise and understand how fantastic it is and there are people who have never cruised who have a preconceived notion of what it´s all about that could not be further from the truth. Cruise holidays only account for about 4% of the travel industry‚ that´s a lot of people missing out.

10. Find Out For Yourself
You can read this list or find another list 10 reasons not to take a cruise holiday‚ but the only way you will find out what you think about cruising is to try one. Life is about experiences and trying new things‚ every one is different and everyone´s idea of a holiday is different. Cruising can be as fun packed or relaxing as you choose it´s full of great experiences so what you waiting for‚ get on line find a great deal on a cruise and find out for yourself.
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I think for most of us, once you take a cruise, you will want more and more....

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 21st, 2014, 03:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I don;t know where you got the list (did you write it?) - but it is great - and comprises just about evertything we have been saying for 12 years around here.

Keep it up - about 80% of the US public, and 90% where you live, have still not tried a cruise.

In fact, I always find it comforting to see how countries that are new to cruising (Australia) take to it in such a big way. The truth is that it has gotten a little "old hat" here in America, even with all the new ships (but they are not as exciting as the new ships of r years ago were), but in other countries its all new, and they love it.
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for posting. I'm going on my first cruise with my husband in March. I'm reading all that I can!!
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Welcome to Cruisemates Kash and the world of cruising!

What ship will you be on, going where?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 28th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Kashmir - if you have any questions be sure to ask, we are here to help.