CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Flying To Your Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/flying-your-cruise/)
-   -   When is the best time to look for or buy airfare? Cruise is in Nov this year. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/flying-your-cruise/387862-when-best-time-look-buy-airfare-cruise-nov-year.html)

sconner February 21st, 2012 08:41 PM

When is the best time to look for or buy airfare? Cruise is in Nov this year.

Right now airfare from louisville to Miami is over $400 pp. Is there a better day/time to buy? Is best to book now or wait? I normally drive but this time we don't feel like driving 1100 miles.
Help Please.
Thank you

Trip February 21st, 2012 09:27 PM

I got sticker shock,when I booked my Florida fights for next month. Some prices were over a grand,which is unreal. Also, they were not nonstop.

November is the beginning of high season there, so unless you join say, the Spirit airline club or similar,find a price you can live with and book. At one time there used to be a better time of year for future flights to book, in my opinion, that is just not the case anymore...one hint though...try and book on a Wednesday, they say the prices are the best that day.

hockeynut February 21st, 2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1416760)
I got sticker shock,when I booked my Florida fights for next month. Some prices were over a grand,which is unreal. Also, they were not nonstop.

November is the beginning of high season there, so unless you join say, the Spirit airline club or similar,find a price you can live with and book. At one time there used to be a better time of year for future flights to book, in my opinion, that is just not the case anymore...one hint though...try and book on a Wednesday, they say the prices are the best that day.

Great advice there. I just booked a flight to San Francisco for our September cruise. I figure the fuel prices are only going to go up driving up the costs of flights so I might as well book now since the price was around what I had budgeted ($550/pp after taxes and fees). Now I don't have to worry about checking the sites every day and can just count the days until the cruise.

Juggaloves February 21st, 2012 10:29 PM

My only advice is to also look at flights to Fort Lauderdale, I did that one year and saved like $100 bucks on the flight. I also found a company that provides shuttle service from FLL to the port of Miami for only $15 it's called SAS shuttles.

Trip February 21st, 2012 10:38 PM

I usually fly into Lauderdale,and also use SAS...it's funny, that sometimes even though Miami is further away, once in a while it's cheaper... playing the airfare search game has really become a headache. My wish is to win the lottery,and buy a lear jet...I will give all my Crusiemate pals, great rates:)

Manuel February 21st, 2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1416766)
. My wish is to win the lottery,and buy a lear jet...I will give all my Crusiemate pals, great rates:)

I like that idea. :D

TM

JQH February 22nd, 2012 12:23 PM

Have you tried southwest?

Kentucky Cruiser February 23rd, 2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sconner (Post 1416749)
Right now airfare from louisville to Miami is over $400 pp. Is there a better day/time to buy? Is best to book now or wait? I normally drive but this time we don't feel like driving 1100 miles.
Help Please.
Thank you

We are flying out of nashville on Southwest in June. Decided fares were only going up!! Got round trip with one stop to Ft Lauderdale for 370.00 pp & was proud to get it!! Most we have ever payed for air. Taking SAS shuttle to Port of Miami. Good luck if you have not bought tckts yet!!

Comet Cruiser June 12th, 2012 11:08 AM

Have searched the SAS site and we are thinking of now flying into Miami because it's cheaper than flying into Fort Lauderdale for our Oasis cruise.
But SAS doesn't pick you up at the Miami airport and take you to the hotel in Fort Lauderdale..at least I can't see where it does. Now that would be great if I could find something like that. It's over 1,000.00 to fly to Miami and close to 2,000.00 to fly into Fort Lauderdale. I'll wait and check to see what tomorrow's (Wednesday) pricing is like, sure would be great if it would drop by 1,000.00.....haha...I highly doubt it will drop much at all! Might just have to change our minds and do the 3 day drive instead.:(

Gail
Comet Cruiser