Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Flying To Your Cruise
Register Forgot Password?

Flying To Your Cruise Discuss all AIRLINE-related topics here - advice on flight times, new airline rules, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Familiar Face

Default Cutting it too close?

We have decided to switch cruises, which means that we are now departing on Saturday instead of Sunday. We already have purchased our airfare and had planned to originally stay the day before.. however; our flight arrives in FLL at 1:15 pm and we sail out of Miami!

We are a young couple traveling with a 13 month old for the first time. I have contacted the airline to see if we can switch to the earlier flight to arrive in FLL at 9:30 am, but if we can't.. is it possible to make it to the ship on time? We have always arrived earlier, one time arriving VERY late due to inclement weather but there was so much bad weather that the ship waited for the last shuttle (which we were on). I don't know how late you are allowed to arrive at port.

HELP!

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Does your ship leave at 4 or 5? Once you land, hopefully with no delays, you then need to gather your luggage, and get transportation. You should be able to get to Miami, depending on traffic within 45- 60 minutes.

If your ship is a 4 o'clock departure, this is really tight. I would say, change flights, if you can..If it's 5, it would be better,and doable.

You need to get reliable transportation to get you there.Check out
SAS Transport Quality Shuttle Service at Affordable Prices $15.00 pp each way. I have used them. Ask them about the time time frames.. Have fun!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Familiar Face

Our ship sails at 4. I know it's close, I really hope they can accommodate us by switching to the earlier flight.

Thanks so much for the link to the shuttle! Carnival wanted $30pp each way, redic!

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010